gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48493 Posts in 2465 Topics by 3777 Members - Latest Member: petpet666 March 28, 2017, 06:12:56 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Lasgun Madness!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lasgun Madness!  (Read 18080 times)

Offline Matsuo

• Initiate
  • :
Lasgun Madness!
« on: October 04, 2011, 10:02:00 PM »
Ok  SO I have a basic lasgun  kit I  developed a while ago and I  have been  working on  mods for it ever since. So  at this point I  have quite a few variants covered...  I'm just wondering if there are some variants you'd like to see.?

I started with the  standard  long body pattern,  doing so knowing full well that it  would be easier to make a  short pattern to  follow.

First the long body, Cadian  gun.

Then the  short body pattern.

Then I  made a Long Las sniper.

Followed immediately by a Las Pistol.

I'm working on different insignia, eagles, Winged skulls and purity  seals to  add on  but  I'm  wondering  is there another variant I need to make based on  the basic gun? Or should I  just move on  now  to  other weapons?

M

Offline CLOTHAR

• Company Champion
  • :
Lasgun Madness!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »
WOW!  Really excellent work.  You could try a LasCannon, if you want to stay in the las family.

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
Lasgun Madness!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »
I'd love to see the sniper with the ful body from the 1st one. the REALLY long las!

Are these shells or are they solid?

I know people have been asking me and trying on their own to make the Death Korps Las Rifles. That would be a nice addition to the mix I think as there are a few variation of it. Pistol, Rifle, Sniper ext... Plus they have cross over appeal to the steampunk crowed if selling them is part of the idea...

Offline Sept

• Marine
  • :
    • http://www.otherrealmstudios.com
Lasgun Madness!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 01:48:00 AM »
These are fantastic!  I agree on the Las Cannon.  You have all the flash lights covered, you just need the spot light of dooooom!

Offline wookieegunner

• Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
Lasgun Madness!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 02:24:00 AM »
Either a bull-pup like the Elysians carry or a folding stock version would be neat.

Also, given that a Vostroyan is on my to-do list, one of their lasguns would be cool:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...dId=prod1070173

Offline SINISTER

• ULTRAMARINE IVth Company
  • Honor Guard
  • :
Lasgun Madness!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 05:06:00 AM »
OMG!!  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='ohmy.gif' />  Those are beautiful (drool and dribble)  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/blink.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='blink.gif' />
Top class work, but I'm sure you realize that already. My suggestions are as follows. Go with the long body version, as in the first pic, of the long Las sniper. And maybe as others have said have a bash at knocking out a Las Cannon. Other than that? I'm just impressed by what you have so far. . . . Stunning!  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />

Offline neophyl

• Initiate
  • :
Lasgun Madness!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 07:24:00 AM »
Matt is one of the best prop gun makers out there, one of my favourite pieces is one of his BSG pistols.  I wouldnt sell it for anything.

Id seen the cadian pattern before but the other varients are just as lovely.

I'd second the Death Corps varient lasgun suggestion.

Offline nog3

• Foam must die.
  • Marine
  • :
Lasgun Madness!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 11:18:00 AM »
I'd kill just for a mould of the grip/trigger guard assembly, the rest I can (and am) do.

Offline Matsuo

• Initiate
  • :
Lasgun Madness!
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
Thanks for the compliments!

I think I  will do  a Krieg gun,  However it  seems  theres not much of my  original kit I can  use,  maybe the magwell, mag/power pack, and muzzle.

Quick  question,  I assume the  stock should be  wood, but is  the  foregrip supposed to be  wood or metal? The only images I can  find are unpainted minis.

I also want to do a  steel  legion  version  but that appears to be just a long body gun  with a folding  stock.

The bullpup would  require massive retooling but  not impossible, a lot of cutting and re sectioning.. cant say I havent been thinking about it  though. [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Finnlock, they are hollow,  two resin halves make up  the main body.

The las Cannon is an entirely different gun, bigger parts all around, so  that  would be a from the ground up project... I fancy to put one on the roof of my  truck  though  someday.

M

Offline Shiney

• Company Champion
  • :
Lasgun Madness!
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
Gorgeous!

Offline doomfist

• Tech Priest of the Cheapus Mechanicus
  • Honor Guard
  • :
    • deviantart.com/
Lasgun Madness!
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »
Awesome work, very nice.
Suffer not the glue gun to burn

Offline MalleusIST

• Radical Inquisitor and overall naughty one at that.
  • Company Champion
  • :
    • http://www.facebook.com/notifications.php#!/profile.php?id=1000007
Lasgun Madness!
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »
random request from left field.......Would you be willing to do a Tanith Lasgun variant?  It's a bit like the Vostroyan in that it's made of wood stock.

Offline Matsuo

• Initiate
  • :
Lasgun Madness!
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »
Quote from: MalleusIST date=1317840720
random request from left field.......Would you be willing to do a Tanith Lasgun variant?

Offline Zac

• Marine
  • :
Lasgun Madness!
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 03:10:00 PM »
How comes no-one has suggested a hellgun and hellpistol?

Also, those are awesome.

Offline otaconucf

• Initiate
  • :
Lasgun Madness!
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Matsuo date=1317810840
I also want to do a  steel  legion  version  but that appears to be just a long body gun  with a folding  stock.
Amazing work, definitely puts my nerf+cardboard+bondo monstrosity to shame heh. Wanted to point out one thing though, you're not quite right there in that quote.

As you can see from the official non-conversion GW minis and somewhat more clearly in this illustration the Steel Legion lasgun is quite a bit different from the Cadian pattern, aside from just the folding stock. I'd obviously like to see one, given I'm working on my Steel Legion costume but I suppose I'm definitely in the minority there heh.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Lasgun Madness!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx