gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48494 Posts in 2465 Topics by 3780 Members - Latest Member: moloch March 29, 2017, 01:07:50 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Spacemarine the game unfolds
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Spacemarine the game unfolds  (Read 65930 times)

Offline Shiney

• Company Champion
  • :
Spacemarine the game unfolds
« on: August 29, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »
Right so Shazmybot grabbed the Spacemarine models from the new game of the same name.  In here, it'd be a good idea to centralize releases [and not steal Shazmybot's thread lol], so let's release all of the unfolds from those files here.  To set a standard, we're going to set the scale to 850 and the paper to A4.  That's for a 6'2" human [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />   From there we can easily rescale as going down in scale takes only a few minutes per part, or about an hour all up, a much shorter time than doing the original unfolds!   There are additional threads for Chaos and Imperial Guard and Inquisition.

If you want to be involved..

1. Get Pep Designer, if you don't have it, it's a good idea to get if if you're into Pepakura as it's needed if you ever want to rescale or rearrange or even change the paper sizing.  
2. Open the 3D file in Get Pep Designer.
3. Hit the 'unfold' button
4. In the window up top, "change scale of developement", specify scale to be 850.and the paper size as A4.  It is also worth changing the 'flap length' to 7mm.  
5. Cut, spin & re-arrange the pieces so they fit, using as little paper as possible.  
6. Share a link for the file here, an easy place to share is  HERE  or you can email it to me and I'll host it with your name on it.

The links below will have all of the unfolds that become available, including those done by others to make it easy for all to get the files.  Whilst these files are free to use, please respect those who contributed and keep the naming of the files as is and only share elsewhere with prior permission.  

Current projects
Please let me know if you intend to work on certain areas or if you stop working on certain areas so I can list them here so we don't overlap too much.  
================
Shiney
----------------
Original armor - Shiney
Heavy Bolter [For Finnlock] - Shiney

Erus
----------------
Scale and unfold plasma pistol to 850~
MK IV rest of.
Power Axe
Jetpack

=============================================================
3D models ripped by Shazmybots

--------------------
850 Unfolds suitable for 6'2" - needs 3-4" rise in feet
--------------------
Mark VII, Bolter, Chainsword, Mark VI helmet, Sidonus Shoulder & knee - Unfolded by Shiney
Mark IV - Unfolded by Erus
Mark VII[Alternative Helmet] - Unfolded by Ral Partha
Iron Halo - Unfolded by Tango89er

--------------------
758 Resize suitable for 5'6" - Test helmet, it may not fit!!, needs 2.75-3.5" riser in foot
--------------------
Mark VII - Shikascott's resize of Shiney's unfolds

Offline nog3

• Foam must die.
  • Marine
  • :
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »
What parts do you need it in? I can do that easily enough.

Anyhow, here's my contributions to the thread.

Blood Angels Torso (PDO)
Dark Angels Torso (PDO)
Crotch and Belt (MQO)

I have more, but designer and viewer aren't cooperating and I'll post them later.

Offline Daeouse

• "And what have we learned?"
  • Company Champion
  • :
    • http://daeouse.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
[img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/blink.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='blink.gif' />

Awesomesauce!!!

Offline Daeouse

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
///Nevermind///
///Delete///
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 02:28:00 PM by Daeouse »

Offline Shiney

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
@Nog

That's a good idea, ie having all of our resources in one spot, nice work.  I'm aiming at doing the whole of the SMG [Spacemarine Game] files eventally so, if ya want to jump on doing the unfolds that'd be awesome.  

Got quite a few to go
arm left
arm right
shoulder [normal one]
left leg
right leg

heavy bolter
backpack w heavy bolter pack
bolt pistol
bolter w accessories
jump pack
plasma pistol
plasma rifle
shoulder bt left [cross]
shoulder bt right [plain]
SM Iron helm
--- torso > don't need it, the only difference is the skull.  

I'm doing
-------------
right leg 2
left leg 2

A little tip for multiple parts is to figure out what pieces go where and separate them as I've done see below, for what I did with the torso

Speaking of, the torso's finished see my first page.

Offline Shazmybot

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
I've gone and updated the rar for the 3d models and base pdo files and removed all the old ones from my build thread. I've since included:

Weapons:
Grenade Launcher
Lascannon
Meltagun
Missile Launcher
Plasma Cannon
Power Axe
Power Sword
Stalker Bolter
Storm Bolter
Thunder Hammer

Armor:
Backpack with Ultramarines Emblem
Backpack with Lascannon Pack

Space Marine Armor and Weapons Pack Mk.II

Enjoy [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Offline Erus

• Skjald
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • CLEAR!
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 07:41:00 PM »
Awesome.. I'ma have to try and find this Iron Helm and unfold it.. I'm really liking the sudden jump in availability of armor types from this!!!
Trauma Junkie - It's not that I *want* you to get hurt... I just want to be there when you do...

Offline Shazmybot

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 08:19:00 PM »
Oh hohoHO! Just wait until Steam let's me preload the full version. I'll start disecting the multiplayer armor types. Hell, I just might do EVERYTHING for our Xeno and Imperial Guard friends.

Offline nog3

• Foam must die.
  • Marine
  • :
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
Quote from: Shazmybot date=1314699540
Oh hohoHO! Just wait until Steam let's me preload the full version. I'll start disecting the multiplayer armor types. Hell, I just might do EVERYTHING for our Xeno and Imperial Guard friends.
Hah, this was pretty much my plan too. <3 smoppc

Offline Shiney

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »
Shazmybot, you rock of course.   This is turning into both a HUGE and also awesome project.  Would ya mind doing some screen shots of the parts I'm missing so I can stick em up as they're made for easy links so people can see what they're getting.  Got THESE

Erus, mate go for it, will be great to get your contribution.  

Nog3, looks like he beat you again, believe me, I know how much work goes into an unfold, will be grateful for anything there *big grin*

I've added the 'legs 2' to the files at the start of the thread.

Offline Daeouse

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »
I'm getting the backpacks divided and the legs divided up if I can. Will update if successful. [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='rolleyes.gif' />

Offline snider029

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 12:37:00 AM »
I'll help with this project I need these peps.

Offline Shiney

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 04:28:00 AM »
Daeouse:
I see where you're going there, you could do that I suppose though I don't think it's neccessary.  I just separated the parts in the unfold, saving time messing around with the 3D model.  Worked out pretty well, the main tip is using Pep Viewer and separating the various sections before I tried to fit , cut, spin and re-arrange so I could tell what area was what.  For the Heavy Bolter backpack for instance, you could just do the heavy bolter part and leave the rest off on the left hand side of the 2D, saving yourself time.  You can see what I did with the leg for instance, there are parts that are left on the left hand side of the 2D unfold that won't be printed.  Obviously you need to make sure you didn't leave out any parts, but not too tricky.  

Snider:
Great bud, well grab one of the files not done, mention which you're doing and start unfolding.  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />  

----------

Looking at the customizing options from the game HERE and HERE there's going to be TONS of parts eventually in this project [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

I'm planning to start pep'n so might be a bit slower on further releases from myself, at least  till I need to do a part I haven't unfolded haha.  To which is encouragement to help out.  *big smile*  I want this to be the communities, and sure credit will be given where it's due, leave your name on the file and stick in a text with 'unfolded by...  ' in the files you release.

Offline Erus

• Skjald
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • CLEAR!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 04:33:00 AM »
Pep is annoying me, but i'm trying to get it to work.
Trauma Junkie - It's not that I *want* you to get hurt... I just want to be there when you do...

Offline Colin

• Brother-Captain
  • Marine
  • :
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 06:11:00 AM »
This is going to be rad! Think of all the awesome builds that could come out of this!

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Spacemarine the game unfolds

gfxgfx
gfx gfx