gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49300 Posts in 2557 Topics by 5342 Members - Latest Member: bks9007 November 14, 2019, 02:04:53 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  The Inquisition  |  Adepta Sororitas Acolyte (WIP)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Adepta Sororitas Acolyte (WIP)  (Read 9240 times)

Offline Kommissar

• Forum Commissariat
  • Company Champion
  • :
Adepta Sororitas Acolyte (WIP)
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2010, 01:46:00 AM »
if your not good at sewing, then send the bodice back at least, if it doesnt fit and slips off your shoulders, then they need to fix that, because you wanted something that fits you.
make sure they have your measurements.

as for the sleeves.. lay the garment down flat and look at the sleeves, if they are not even when you lay it out symmetrically, then yeah, thats a dud shirt.

if the shirt sleeves are even, then consider rather than garters, applying a safty pin to the sleeve around the crook of your elbow, that should give you the look you want, if thats the case, then just hand stitch a tiny knot where the safety pin is.

i'm honestly not fond of how baggy the material used for the bodice is, it seems to bubble or just bulge in some very odd locations.. from what i know of sewing and such, it looks like its separating from the liner, or just such a thick material that it wont work for the project it was used for, in the way it was sewn.

Offline toydivision

• BLAM
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
Send it back- it's too big! (or eat some more pies!)  I'm not sure from the pictures but I think it will lie nice and flat once it fits you.

Altering a garment like that is possible, but a wee bit fiddly- you'ld have to pull out the lining and then take a little off every panel. Also one hem appears to be lower then the other.

I think a firm but polite email is in order [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='wink.gif' /> it's in her interests to keep the customer happy and for her work to look it's best.

I do like the white peeping over the top, It's flattering against the skin, and I imagine you would have it longer to keep the bodice clean (lol I no nothing of grim dark laundry !) it also looks more Nunnish/prim

The garters are a good solution. I think the fabric may have have had a bit too much body to it and a little fullness could be removed if you wanted (much easier then the bodice!)

Offline wookieegunner

• Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »
Question, do you have someone who you don't mind if they see you naked?  

The bubbling of your corset looks to me like the seamstress didn't flare the waiste to hip angle correctly so it is riding up slightly.  That could also account for the straps riding off your shoulders.  Asking the seamstress to make adjustments would be a good idea, but I doubt she can fix it correctly without a Duct Tape Dummy to fit it to.

As far as the sleeves, listen to Kommissar.  If you look closely in the drawing, you can see the swoop against the arm where it is open from shoulder to elbow and then pinched closed at the elbow and open below it.  From looking at the pic you posted of Kommisar's wife, I believe hers is done the same way.

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2010, 12:57:00 AM »
Well, that's disappointing [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' />

I agree send it back and get it fitted better to you. The shape in the pictures she sent you looks great so I agree it's a matter of tailoring it more.

As for the sleeves, I thought they where going to have buttons? Either way I think the garters are okay or maybe find a fluer pin to hold them closed?

Offline MiracleMagnets

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »
Sorry, I'm new here. But I think I have an idea for the pants you could wear.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=shiny+lea...=1&_from=&_ipg=

I've bought a pair of these for my own SoB cosplay, and if you are wearing boots under them, they might help. Mind you, I am also making greaves for these too, so that'd be your decision.

Offline Reatrea

• Mostly Puritan Inquisitor
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2010, 05:02:00 AM »
I'm using leather pants for mine. Goodwill special! ^.^

Offline Reatrea

• Mostly Puritan Inquisitor
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2010, 06:06:00 AM »
Quote from: Ophilia Midkiff date=1262679420
My Sister goes on a fair number of diplomatic missions, so a more plainclothes approach is appropriate.

But nothing says "Hey listen!" Like power-armor! (A heavy flamer helps too!)

Offline Ophilia Midkiff

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »
Well. The SoB costume will NOT be ready in time for Comic-Con NY next week, nor for this Halloween. Sigh. Real life got in the way.

I'll post updates when I do have more to show you. But for now, I'm building a much simpler outfit for my Rogue Trader captain.  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »
So.... how was it?

The wedding turned out to be much more fun then I thought it would be, it was mostly the drinking that kept me going [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif' />

Still very bummed I missed Comic Con. Lets see some pics!

Offline Ophilia Midkiff

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
Comic Con was awesome. I met Dan Abnett, he signed my copy of Eisenhorn, and I got a picture with him...while wearing my Rogue Trader get-up. I also got a picture with the Ultramarine promoting the Space Marine movie, although those guys thought I was supposed to be a commissar.

I also chatted Brandon Sanderson while he signed my books (Wheel of Time, Mistborn) and got a picture with him as well. Sat in on the Fantasy Writers panel he was on, which was epic.

I'm posting pictures up on deviantART, and once I get more of them ready to go, I'll post them on here in my Rogue Trader costume thread in the IG section. :-)

Offline jet_texas

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2010, 06:33:00 PM »
For the pants

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Be...94/product.html

and then a white boot

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/185-3...gt_adv_XASD0001

add a N.O. Saints add on to the boots

Hope this helps more then distracts [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Offline jet_texas

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2010, 06:38:00 PM »
drat double post again!

Offline Cptn. Palladorus

• Honor Guard
  • :
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2010, 07:13:00 PM »
As a three-point-five-year veteran of Target employment, I have to point out that their shoes are crap.  You'd be lucky to get three months wear out of those.

Offline jet_texas

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2010, 08:51:00 PM »
I was just showing what type of boot I would recommend .

But even if it has a 3 mo.  life span, how many days a year does one dress in costume ?

maybe what 25  or so ?

But its a good warning thanks !

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  The Inquisition  |  Adepta Sororitas Acolyte (WIP)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx