gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49162 Posts in 2545 Topics by 5116 Members - Latest Member: hh04uk July 17, 2019, 05:12:05 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  The Inquisition  |  Adepta Sororitas Acolyte (WIP)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Adepta Sororitas Acolyte (WIP)  (Read 9019 times)

Offline Ophilia Midkiff

• Scout
  • :
Adepta Sororitas Acolyte (WIP)
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Finnlock date=1266397200
Awesome!

You say she is in new york state?
I want to see how yours comes out ( I know it will be awsome) and then I will probly beg you for contact info for her to make one for the suit I'm doing.

I have some nice, yet pricy, velvet I bought for the 1st suit I made...It was kinda funny, I miss read the price and didn't know till I got to the regester...$200+ dollars later I desided I'd wait to make something nice out of it....

*shrug*

Can't wait to see yours!

Finnlock
I'm in New York state, but I think she's in Maryland or something - where all that snow has been, and their power was out for a while. She says she'll have a sketch for me soon. I'm chomping at the bit!

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 12:13:00 AM »
Yeah, we got dumped on the past two days, something like 18-20" of snow, yay... anyway, I hope you will share your sketch with us!

Have you done any other work on your suit?

Finnlock

Offline Ophilia Midkiff

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »
Here's the sketch she sent me:

Right now, I'm working on the Latin translations for my purity seals. I think I determined that, at the current point in her story, she should have 7 or 8 of them. At least two of them are going on the boltgun, which I really need to get working on.

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2010, 01:51:00 AM »
Cool!
 Is the bottom of the robe going to button up as well? It's a little hard to tell from the sketch...

She is also making the corest for you? That's very cool, with the fluers intergrated into it it should look really nice.

Finnlock

Offline Ophilia Midkiff

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »
I don't think the bottom of the robe is going to button up, and that's okay with me. I'm going with black "bodyglove" style pants underneath. And yes, she's making the corset, too. I thought it would be best if they were made by the same person so they would look best together, even though I could have handled making the robe myself.

Offline Ophilia Midkiff

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
I'm excited. I've seen the first pictures of a semi-finished product. The robe is done, and I think it will look awesome when everything is put together. The corset is sewn and waiting for embellishments. I'll post pics later after I download them and upload them somewhere to post here, since the permissions at Etsy don't let me post them here for viewing. For now, I'm heading to dinner with my husband for his birthday. :-)

Offline Isinglass

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2010, 10:47:00 PM »
Looking forward to seeing those pictures when you get them up.

Have a good evening!

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2010, 02:28:00 AM »
Great! can't wait to see [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Hope you have a lovely dinner and your husband has a wonderful birthday!

You can always just use photo bucket or just give a link to the page with the photos, we'er not picky [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Finnlock

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
Ophilia, your going to NYC comic con right?

we'er going but probly just for 2 days, not sure yet. probly be driving in as well, we live only a few min from the GW bridge.

Anyway, we should meet up and do some photos, at the very minimum I'm going to have to many weapons to cary and it would be nice to see them all get used [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Is your husband dressing up as well? I am toying around with dressing as a techno-henchman type sense I'll be carring all the gear and preforming any repairs needed. Nothing major if I do it though.

Can't wait to see the WIP pic's of your robes and corset!

Finnlock

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 03:32:00 AM »
Have you had an update on your robes?

Love to see how they are shaping up [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Finnlock

Offline Ophilia Midkiff

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2010, 12:49:00 AM »
Sorrry I've been MIA. I've been waiting for my finished costume (which I should get next week), and my grandma died a week ago, and it's been a really bad month in general.

But I'm back. I've seen the pics of the final product from my seamstress. As soon as she invoices me, I'll pay it, and she'll get it out to me. It looks even better than I'd imagined it would be. It's going to be very different from the other Sister costumes that have been done, and I think that's what will help make it great.

I'm still looking for the perfect pants to wear underneath. I've got the boots. I'm working on the Chaplet Ecclesiasticus. I need to find gloves. I'm contemplating commissioning an aquila necklace. I have to make my boltgun, too.

Finnlock, I'm totally going to the NY Comic-Con. I would love to meet up and do photos. My husband said he's not going to dress up. He just wants to serve as my handler. Although I like the idea of the techno henchman. ;-)

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »
WOW! looks cool! can't wait to see it all together!

Sad news is we will not be at NY Comic con this year really bummed about this [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' />

Have a wedding to go to...damn these people for planing it the weekend of the 9th!

Glad I just bought the tickets and not booked a hotel room at lest.

Anyway, your suit is looking really cool, love the black and white of the robe.

Offline Ophilia Midkiff

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2010, 02:42:00 AM »
If nothing else, the color scheme will set me apart from pretty much every other Sister costume I've seen out there. I guess no one else hails from the Order of the Ebon Chalice.  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

I'm sorry you won't be able to make it this year. Silly people and their weddings. I'm guessing it's out of town?

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2010, 03:20:00 AM »
Yeah, it's in Virginia... have to drive down friday, wedding sat, drive back sun... miss all the fun [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='sad.gif' />

Offline Ophilia Midkiff

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2010, 01:22:00 AM »
I got my costume pieces back from the seamstress. I tried them on, and I'm a little disappointed and trying to decide whether or not I need to send it back to have her make changes. So I need advice.

First and foremost, it's not a corset. It fits very loosely, and the shoulder straps were actually slipping off my shoulders.

Second of all, I'm not sure I like the white of the robe peeking out over the black bodice. This one's a tough call, since Sisters are generally depicted in power armor, and I will not have any.

Third of all, the sleeves seem wonky to me. I have them secured with arm garters from an old Halloween costume of mine, but they fall flat against my sides otherwise. I think this can probably be remedied by fashioning my own arm garters out of ribbon or something, maybe secured with a purity seal? It just seems odd. I have to admit, I gave her a link to Kommissar's beautiful wife for reference, but I can't tell if this is quite the way her sleeves worked.

Obviously, I need to get myself a pair of acceptable pants, too, and not just pantyhose. ;-) I think I may look for something shiny that could pass as bodyglove-type armor.

So looking at the pics, what would you recommend? I have a friend nearby I could ask to make alterations for me, or I could tell the woman I hired on Etsy I need stuff redone. (I would have to pay shipping to do that, however.)

I'm torn. And it sucks, because I was so excited with how everything looked in the pictures... but it just didn't look as fabulous once I got it home.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  The Inquisition  |  Adepta Sororitas Acolyte (WIP)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx