gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49262 Posts in 2552 Topics by 5278 Members - Latest Member: Watchmaster#227 October 15, 2019, 06:02:58 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  The Inquisition  |  Adepta Sororitas Acolyte (WIP)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Adepta Sororitas Acolyte (WIP)  (Read 9154 times)

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
Adepta Sororitas Acolyte (WIP)
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 12:41:00 AM »
Your robe should be buttoned with these...

http://www.artbeads.com/btn-029.html

They are the buttons I'm using on the new/updated SoB costume I'm working on. They will be the ones which hold the sleeves and skirts of the robes closed. I was thinking of using the smallers size on the corset as well.

There are a lot of nice fleur de lis embellishment pieces you could use to "spruce" up a costume design. I think the  fleur de lis brooch would look nice as a cap clasp if it where larger.

I am planing on using two of these to make the chain belt

http://www.amazon.com/Ladies-Womens-Silver.../ref=pd_sbs_a_2

Finnlock

Offline Ophilia Midkiff

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 04:23:00 AM »
Ooh, those buttons are awesome. I saw that belt in my searches, but I think it was too delicate for my purposes.  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='biggrin.gif' />

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2010, 04:55:00 PM »
I ment the chain belt to hang the chaplet off of, not for the main belt itself.

Finnlock

Offline Kommissar

• Forum Commissariat
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 06:41:00 AM »
jeezus fin, your like some kind of master internet scrounger! how do you find these kinds of things

Offline Ophilia Midkiff

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 02:38:00 AM »
Bookmarking a few more things for myself as I do some browsing online:

Fleur de lis cloak clasp

Alright, so bookmarking one thing. I cannot find a fabric I like for the cloak. I can find plenty of patterned fabrics that are white on black, but few that are black on white - I can't pull off solid white - and an appropriate type of fabric for the cloak. I may have to forgo the severity of the order's colors and just opt for a red cloak. It would be quite inquisitorial, I suppose.

I must reflect on this.

Edited to add: I did  find some beautiful fabrics that met my specifications for beauty and practicality... but cost something like $40/yard. I can't spend $40/yard for something I'm going to be swathing myself in.

Also: Will be checking out this guy's auctions daily, as he made one day make a cloak in a suitable color combination for less than I could buy the raw materials for: Von Lancelot's Cloaks

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2010, 01:23:00 AM »
What about having a black or red cloak line with white? Pattern some fluer's around the edges or on the bottom and I think you'll be okay.

Are you going with a hooded cloak, one with sleeves..both?

What of the cut of the robe itself? I was thinking something along the lines of the robe they wear under their armor, just buttoned up as opposed to unbuttoned for freedom of movement in battle...

I really like the cloak clasp, that's a great find, might have to snag one for use in the new suit. I think they would look really cool as the toggles on the corset.
Damn I wish I could sew... Anyone know a good tailor/seamstress who works on costumes in the NJ/NYC area?

Finnlock

Offline Ophilia Midkiff

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 02:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Finnlock date=1263709380
What about having a black or red cloak line with white? Pattern some fluer's around the edges or on the bottom and I think you'll be okay.

Are you going with a hooded cloak, one with sleeves..both?

What of the cut of the robe itself? I was thinking something along the lines of the robe they wear under their armor, just buttoned up as opposed to unbuttoned for freedom of movement in battle...

I really like the cloak clasp, that's a great find, might have to snag one for use in the new suit. I think they would look really cool as the toggles on the corset.
Damn I wish I could sew... Anyone know a good tailor/seamstress who works on costumes in the NJ/NYC area?

Finnlock
Yes, I'm thinking of looking now for a black/white or red/white cloak. I think it would set everything off quite nicely. Hooded.

It never really struck me as a robe worn with the Adepta armor. The sleeves do seem a bit robe-like, but from the waist-down, it seems to me like they wear leggings and something like a cross between an apron and a tabard. If there's a technical term for it, I don't know.

I don't know anyone in the NJ/NYC area, but I have a friend up here (near Albany, about 3 hours north of NYC) who does an amazing job. If you've ever watched Moulin Rouge, she made me the Red Dress. She makes her own garb. Her name is Ali, and she's on deviantART: http://pickwick.deviantart.com/

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »
Well, if you look at the minatures and the models from the offical DoW game, it's a robe.
It puttons up both sides and down the sleeves.
I don't know if you ever have seen ledgened of the seeker, but in the past 2 or 3 episodes the confesor char has been wearing a new darker costume that is some what like the robes I invistion (lest the bottom of them). They split up on either side of the legs leaving a tabard like piece in the middle to allow for movement, but if closed up would be more of a formal robe/dress.
I'll try and find a screen shot of it.
I think it would be cool for your char ,as a body gaurd, to have a robe like that, able to switch between more formal and combat pluss when you get around to making your power armor you could use it there as well which would really help you tie the two toghter.

Anyway, forgive my ramblings.

Finnlock

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 08:05:00 PM »
Okay,
 took a bit to track this down... Here some screen caps ( low rez sorry ) of the robe/dress in question.

The focal point for me is the lower section of her outfit, the dress where it splits and makes a tabard like section that  could be laced or buttoned up to become a dress/robe.

It is very similar to what the minitures and sisters in DoW wear.

This  is what I am aiming for in designing the sister of battle battle robe and I think something along these lines would look killer for your outfit Ophilia.

What do you think?

Finnlock

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »
You said you where not 100% sure you where going to make armor or not, maybe these style gloves might help..

http://www.wilsonsleather.com/product/inde...rentPage=family

Finnlock

Offline Ophilia Midkiff

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 04:11:00 AM »
Quote from: Finnlock date=1264383420
You said you where not 100% sure you where going to make armor or not, maybe these style gloves might help..

http://www.wilsonsleather.com/product/inde...rentPage=family

Finnlock
Those gloves are a lot like I had in mind! Thanks.

And thanks for the clarification on the robe. I will have to contact my Etsy seller and ask her what additional cost there would be to turn the underblouse into a robe instead.

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 10:20:00 PM »
How is your suit coming along?

Where you able to make any changes to it?

Finnlock

Offline Ophilia Midkiff

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2010, 03:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Finnlock date=1266290400
How is your suit coming along?

Where you able to make any changes to it?

Finnlock
Yes. I'm waiting to get my fabric choices from my seamstress. She said she was going to be unavailable for about a week. *impatient*

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2010, 04:00:00 AM »
Awesome!

You say she is in new york state?
I want to see how yours comes out ( I know it will be awsome) and then I will probly beg you for contact info for her to make one for the suit I'm doing.

I have some nice, yet pricy, velvet I bought for the 1st suit I made...It was kinda funny, I miss read the price and didn't know till I got to the regester...$200+ dollars later I desided I'd wait to make something nice out of it....

*shrug*

Can't wait to see yours!

Finnlock

Offline adeptusastartes01

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 10:41:00 PM »
First one, you can always add on to it. The Second one looks too much like a cowboy belt.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  The Inquisition  |  Adepta Sororitas Acolyte (WIP)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx