gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49163 Posts in 2548 Topics by 5175 Members - Latest Member: Navandaar August 18, 2019, 04:43:16 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  Daemonhammer
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Daemonhammer  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Djinn

• Thug Life
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
Daemonhammer
« on: May 30, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
EDIT:: It would appear this belongs in the "General Costuming" section. As I cannot seem to find a proper way to delete this thread, I'll just apologize and hope an admin moves it.

Heyoo.. just found this WONDERFUL website. It brings me great joy to see that a community does exist for warhammer costuming, even in its infant form. I've been working on a few parts of a SM for fun recently, planning on doing a full blown marine in the future. For now.. I'll post the WIP pics of my most recent creation.

Excuse the "skipping steps" phase. I kind of was making this as I went, and taking pictures as the excitement grew =P

Initial idea:

Found something I could use as a power supply, the head of a $2 hairdryer from the local savers. Perfect.

Progressing along:

Decided the power supply could be .. better :

Finished pics :

Sorry for the hasty compilation... I will be starting on the actual armor shortly (and before you ask, I am proportioning it to my own size.. I have come to terms with the fact that I am not 9 feet tall.)

Offline Captain Thomas

• Yarr?
  • Marine
  • :
    • http://captainthomas.deviantart.com
Daemonhammer
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »
That's a very cool hammer you've made =) And the bolter looks great too

Offline Colin

• Brother-Captain
  • Marine
  • :
Daemonhammer
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 04:29:00 PM »
Hell yeah, man! You've got skill! :D

Offline Kommissar

• Forum Commissariat
  • Company Champion
  • :
Daemonhammer
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 05:04:00 AM »
Moved it for you.

Love the hammer, love the glow, really good job, especially the leather binding. Did you use my tutorial on the bolt pistol? Either way, it looks awesome too.

Offline Djinn

• Thug Life
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
Daemonhammer
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 06:34:00 AM »
I did use your tutorial. You did an excellent job explaining everything. I used a rather expensive electric version of the m85 though.. and made sure the innards still work (left a nice spot in the upper barrel for the rechargable battery to live). It makes a very satisfying firing sound when I pull the trigger, and even has a bit of a kick. Can also set it on full auto for large groups of heretics (dont lecture me on ammo boy!)

Anyways. Kommissar is pretty much god tier, so your compliments mean quite a bit to me. I based this hammer mostly on this picture.

I'll make a seperate thread for the bolt pistol if anyone cares to see it. It looks VERY similar to Kommissars (except I left out a few things and didnt add a lot of extras... just yet)

Offline Djinn

• Thug Life
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
Daemonhammer
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 06:39:00 AM »
Also! I decided that phillips head screws are HERETICAL AND UNWORTHY OF A WEAPON OF THE IMPERIUM
Replaced the screws with steel bolts :3

Offline Kommissar

• Forum Commissariat
  • Company Champion
  • :
Daemonhammer
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 07:08:00 AM »
i like the bolts more, good call.

thanks for the god tier comment, but i'm not that epic.. i'll wait till i make a few more things on my list before getting a big head. ;P

i'm just glad people have used my tutorial, no one really gets back to me when they get theirs done, do when i see them in pictures i'm like "Heeeeey i think they used my tutorial.. AWESOME!"

i like seeing the style differences, since i was being alittle bit of a jerk and left the measurements of the pieces out (true story is that i think most of my cuts would be down the the 16th of an inch because i didn't measure them when i built my first pistol)
anyway, i like seeing the style changes other people apply to their BPs, like your mag shield being alittle bigger than mine, is it wrong? no. is mine 'right'? hell no!
different forge worlds and different personal tastes.

i wonder if anyone knows i use real 50cal shell casings i've cut down to fit my mags?

yeah, tangents.. basically, thanks for using my tutorial! and keep up the good work.

where are you based out of? and what cons are you planning on taking your stuff too?

Offline Djinn

• Thug Life
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
Daemonhammer
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »
Based out of Maui, Hawaii. I honestly believe I am the only costumer here. There are a good deal of "cosplayers" - but I have yet to meet a single person who enjoys making armor here. It is a lonely life for sure -.-;; We only have 2 cons here (both on a different island) and I try to go to both of them every year. The 501st is pretty active over on Oahu, and I have made friends with most of them (my first costume was for the mandalorian mercs, so us star wars nerds made quick friends!).

Anyways.. Kawaii con and EXP-con in hawaii. It is expensive to live here and I cannot see myself being able to afford a ticket to any big mainland conventions anytime in the near future.
Also mine will be the first WH40k costume I have ever seen in hawaii when I'm done with it =P

Offline Cptn. Palladorus

• Honor Guard
  • :
Daemonhammer
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 12:36:00 AM »
Quote from: Kommissar date=1275304080
i wonder if anyone knows i use real 50cal shell casings i've cut down to fit my mags?
I had guessed they were either that or brass pipe.  .50BMG is almost exactly the right size, .804 at the rim tapered down to .741 at the shoulder, then necked down to .560.  Nice choice.  Where did you get the brass?

Offline Kommissar

• Forum Commissariat
  • Company Champion
  • :
Daemonhammer
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 03:42:00 AM »
Quote from: Cptn. Palladorus date=1275539760
Quote from: Kommissar date=1275304080
I had guessed they were either that or brass pipe.  .50BMG is almost exactly the right size, .804 at the rim tapered down to .741 at the shoulder, then necked down to .560.  Nice choice.  Where did you get the brass?
advantages of my wife being ex-navy

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
Daemonhammer
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 12:37:00 AM »
Wow, again, very nice! I go away for a few days and this is what I get to come back to! I'm going to have to leave more often.

Hammer is very well done, like the blue lighting a lot it adds a nice touch to the piece. However, I would like to see some couplings for the cable from the power to the hammer head. I think it would look a little more finished.

Great combo shot here:

I really like they way you tied the Botler and Hammer toghter with the eagle and color pallete.

Very nice, call me a fan [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='smile.gif' />

Offline Djinn

• Thug Life
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
Daemonhammer
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 04:03:00 AM »
Thanks flint =D You actually read my mind on the connectors. It would give it a nice finished look. I have decided my chapter will be Black Templars, so i'll post an update with MORE CHAINS AND CROSSES in the near future.
I may even redo the aquila on the pistol and pay some homage to a weapon that deserves it.

YOU HAVE SERVED THE EMPEROR WELL, AND WILL LIVE TO PURGE ANOTHER DAY.

Offline jet_texas

• Marine
  • :
Daemonhammer
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »
Well done.

A recommendation, change the steel head screws to brass or put some covers on the screw heads

http://www.boltdepot.com/chrome-bolt-covers.aspx

These are quite tempting !

A less expensive alternative is

http://www.pro-dec.com/

for Gold

http://www.pro-dec.com/24K-Gold-Snap-Caps-8-8-GLD  24k Gold $ .50 each Satin Gold $.30 each

Offline Cptn. Palladorus

• Honor Guard
  • :
Daemonhammer
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 11:20:00 PM »
Good find there jet_texas.  The maltese cross bolt head would also work very well.

Offline Nex

• Scout
  • :
Daemonhammer
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 11:46:00 AM »
Quote from: Djinn date=1275237660
Found something I could use as a power supply, the head of a $2 hairdryer from the local savers. Perfect.
No wonder your hammer reminded me of the Vibro Axe when I saw it in your other thread.  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/laugh.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='laugh.gif' />

Great job!

Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  Daemonhammer

gfxgfx
gfx gfx