gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48536 Posts in 2480 Topics by 3981 Members - Latest Member: Mr_TopHatPenguin July 24, 2017, 02:34:58 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  40K tabletop painting.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 40K tabletop painting.  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Deetoz

• AKA Rogue Trader Marcus Alexander Borean!
  • Honor Guard
  • :
40K tabletop painting.
« on: January 08, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
Devlan Mud wash is pure sex in a bottle. Seriously!

Anyways, I guess most of us here have an army for the tabletop game. Show off your work if you'd like!
I'll be showing my new Chaos termie lord whenever he's done.

edit: Meh, ran out of Chaos Black, and the plastic glue has failed me..

Offline Voodoo

• Marine
  • :
Re: 40K tabletop painting.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 10:25:50 AM »
Here's the reason I haven't been doing any costumes. I made it my goal to win best painted Army 3 years running at my FLGS for the yearly Club Championship. Last year was the hat trick so thankfully for this year I didn’t have any pressure to paint up a whole new army. The Thousand Sons were used with CSM rules but pre-heresy color as they’ve always been my favorite chapter. My Nurgle army is the competitive option and contains a vast majority of points in it from Imperial Armor 13: Warmachines of the Lost & the Damned so I can win a game once in a while.

Offline Voodoo

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 10:32:40 AM »
More of the Thousand Sons…

Each of the Thousand Son’s 5 cults got their own robe color, embroidery style and embroidery color; after that I made sure I mixed the squads as they were pre-heresy and then made sure no two models had the same embroidery. I realize I went off-canon with the robe colors as Ahriman is supposed to be in a purple robe but I like the final look. The odd guy out up front is the sorcerer with Malefic Daemonology so his robe is all messed up looking with daemon faces peering out of the cloth.

Yes the Bastion got cut open and had an interior including lights put into it.

Yes all of the Thousand Son chapter marking on the shoulder pads were free-handed on

Yes this army killed my drive to paint or sculpt models for a long while as it took me 355 days straight to complete

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 08:48:12 AM »
Wait, there's a GAME??

;)

Offline Voodoo

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 02:37:37 PM »
Wait, there's a GAME??

;)

;) Oui Madame! Absolument!

Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  40K tabletop painting.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx