gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49758 Posts in 2585 Topics by 6082 Members - Latest Member: FurysSIN January 20, 2022, 08:44:42 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Chaos sorcerer Neroth - Dawn of war 2
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chaos sorcerer Neroth - Dawn of war 2  (Read 632 times)

Offline Dumpinator

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Chaos sorcerer Neroth - Dawn of war 2
« on: October 21, 2020, 05:16:59 PM »
Hey there, I am a dutch builder that is working on a chaos sorcerer. I have been a big fan of the warhammer universe since around 2012. I remember buying assault on black reach as my first box and stepping into the grazy universe of warhammer. Now, 8 years (and a lot of expandable income) later I want to make a good centre piece for my collection in the form of a chaos sorcerer cosplay.

So some of you may be asking "Why Neroth and not Sindri? He is way cooler" and while yes I agree Sindri is a cooler character, Neroth has a better design in my opinion and he has a lot of voice lines to work with, since I hope to make a disney land style "soundboard" system.

I am a little nervous to post, since this is the first cosplay I have done and I never touched EVA. The build wil be heavily inspired  by Pilerud's and Sylgian's build.

Offline Dumpinator

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Chaos sorcerer Neroth - Dawn of war 2
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 05:28:58 PM »
So I have already done some work Here are my stilts as inspired by Sylgian.
Unfortunatly the clambs had an omega shape, which would tear itself appart if I stood on it.

So I ended up trying to glue one with contact cement while I tried to think of a better solution. When I tried to remove them the next day I found them very hard to remove... so I just glued the other one on as well. If it works it isn't stoopid.

I am 189 cm or roughly 6'2" myself and I set my marine to be 210 cm tall. So I needed a platform of 20 cm. Unfortunatly that ends with my shoe being barely inside the marine shoe. If I lift my toe I end up moving the EVA. so I ca't lift my toes while wearing the armor.  :-[

Offline Dumpinator

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Chaos sorcerer Neroth - Dawn of war 2
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 05:39:24 PM »
Next I build the feet, toes and legs. It was pretty funny when I build the paper prototype and it turned out I forgot to resize it. So I resized it to be a little larger and started building.

There isn't much to say except that the connections on the upper leg are a little rough imo, so I hope a little sanding and filling will fix that. Now I am working on getting the crotch area of the armor ready. That will probably be the next update.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Chaos sorcerer Neroth - Dawn of war 2

gfxgfx
gfx gfx