gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49758 Posts in 2585 Topics by 6082 Members - Latest Member: FurysSIN January 20, 2022, 08:58:47 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Captain Gerkraz - Dark Angels 5th Battle Company
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Captain Gerkraz - Dark Angels 5th Battle Company  (Read 930 times)

Offline enguehard

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Captain Gerkraz - Dark Angels 5th Battle Company
« on: June 23, 2020, 09:09:22 PM »
Hi everyone!

I just completed my Dark Angels Space Marine build, using Pilerud's pattern, and I'm excited to share the results with you all.

Cheers!

Offline adeptus mechanicus

• Honor Guard
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Captain Gerkraz - Dark Angels 5th Battle Company
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 06:23:21 AM »
Great job all the way around. I really like the wings on the helmet and the weapons too. You've got good attention to detail and weathering. How long did it take from start to finish?
Winged freak,...wait til they get a load of me

Offline enguehard

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 06:54:23 AM »
Thank you! :)

It took me about a year to make. I really took my time with all the small detail, and had to remake a few pieces because I wasn’t happy with them, and also because I’m considerably shorter than Pilerud, hehe

• Honor Guard
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 11:57:32 AM »
How did you do your letters on the pauldrons and other spots? Also could you show some straight on shots of the chest? Being a fellow DA I like to see stuff like that. Also did you scale up or down on your size? Or print at 850 like in Pileruds files? Reason is, I'm thinking about a possible tech marine build and would want to be able to use my hands not extensions (bigger than 850 scale).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 04:12:50 PM by adeptus mechanicus »

Offline enguehard

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 05:03:58 PM »
I traced all the words I wanted onto craft foam using a stencil, then I individually cut out each letter with a hobby knife. (more detail pics attached; you can really see the imperfections up close, so be kind  :P )

For the resizing, I did it probably the dumbest way possible: I made the piece as is, figured out how the fit was, and then resized it as necessary. This is only my second time making a cosplay out of foam, and I learned a lot of lessons along the way. If you can figure out the scale BEFORE you print out the pattern, you'll be miles ahead of me! :)

My costume was my actual hands inside hockey gloves; no extensions needed.

• Honor Guard
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 07:52:34 PM »
You cut all those letters by hand? Dude you're insane! That's dedication LOL. In Pepakura, you can change the scale up or down by 10% at a time. You can measure between points to get an idea of how big or an opening etc. It might help for next time(easier). I've got a build that's mostly finished. Working on weapons atm. Check it out if you've got time, it's the Brother Lucien build. As far as the gloves, I did the same (being able to grip stuff) I used hockey gloves to start, but cut them apart and made them a little different. Again, everything looks great! Hope to see more builds from you soon, thanx for sharing the pics

Offline enguehard

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 07:24:03 AM »
Thanks again! Yes, the lettering took a while but I think it was worth it overall; I like the relief.

And I’m not sure if I’ll take on another project of this magnitude again, but thanks for the Pep tips!

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Captain Gerkraz - Dark Angels 5th Battle Company

gfxgfx
gfx gfx