gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49347 Posts in 2560 Topics by 5377 Members - Latest Member: Ferro Ignas December 14, 2019, 10:43:44 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)  (Read 3585 times)

Offline adeptus mechanicus

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2019, 08:34:03 PM »
Here's a pic of 1 side of a blade. I tried to reproduce the blue  energy starting from the edge of the blade with white (being the strongest or hottest). This is only on one side of the blade. I'm not sure about this yet.

There's a couple different shades of blues goin on if you can't tell from the picture. I thought about painting it like a mini, but not sure if it would look right. Anybody have any suggestions? Oh, and they make more black paint every day LOL if I have to start over. Let me know what you think
Winged freak,...wait til they get a load of me

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2019, 08:55:26 PM »
Still contemplating the blade paint job. In the meantime, I put a coat of metallic on half of the fingers and ran 1 through a rough trial to see what it looked like.

I sanded the finger "bones", if you will, and took off some of the paint. It kinda smeared the paint to my liking. I added some grungey black/brown mix to the bones and around the skull. The knuckle bearings got some bright silver  highlights and scuffs on the bones. I'm liking the look so far, and have painted 1 more just to see them side by side. Now that that curve is figured out, just have to finish the others (among other things LOL)
Stay tuned and Thanx for watching

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2019, 08:41:17 PM »
Progress on the fingers. Got a couple coats of paint and grunge on 1 fist worth.

As I'd hoped, you can just see the skulls behind the blade guard. Most of the fingers needs highlights, but I think this will look the part on a white power fist. They're painted metallic silver, but with all the grunge they've taken on a bronze tint.  I have an idea that I'm gonna try for the blade paint job. I'll try it on a scrap piece of foam and take a pic to see what you guys think. Stay tuned...

Offline TankReady

• Initiate
  • :
  • Brother of Dust
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2019, 05:05:29 AM »
Looking good!!!
I want a nice pic showing it all, not only the details! how is it coming together?

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2019, 06:18:05 AM »
Looking good!!!
I want a nice pic showing it all, not only the details! how is it coming together?
Moving along steadily. I only get an hour or 2 a night if I'm lucky. But better than  nothing. Almost ready for paint on the main fist, gotta do battle damage then it's go time!

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2019, 08:10:31 PM »
Blade update. I tried 2 or 3 different things on some scrap foam and didn't like any of them. I realized that some of these parts you can't paint like a miniature. It doesn't look right. I decided that plain metallic with a blue tint would get the idea across that they were powered.

I figured that there's enough going on without some crazy paint job that might not read right. All the blades have a silver coat at the moment and need to be blue washed and detailed. All the fingers are finished and have started painting parts of the gloves! I'm gonna try a couple coats of white plasti-dip and see how it goes. It may help with not having to put so many coats of white paint. We shall see. Stay tuned and Thanx for watching

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx