gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49300 Posts in 2557 Topics by 5341 Members - Latest Member: ErectileReptile November 13, 2019, 12:06:45 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)  (Read 2105 times)

Offline adeptus mechanicus

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2019, 08:08:53 PM »
Small update for today, no pics. I got all the fingers for 1 hand carved out. Just need to put the knuckle bearing lines in. I did try some little experiments with the paint and the sealer. Acrylic paint will cover this urethane foam no problem, but no matter how much you sand it the fuzzies show through. I put a skim coat of Dynagrip on and sanded when it was dry. I have a coat of paint on top of that. We'll see how it goes when it's dry. I think it'll be a lot smoother. Stay tuned...
Winged freak,...wait til they get a load of me

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2019, 08:03:29 PM »
Good news, the Dynagrip works out good. It's not like glass, but smooth enough that you can't tell where the sanding demarcation lines are.

Got the palm closed in. Here's some pics with everything mocked up.
Palm pad

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2019, 08:06:49 PM »
Moar pics

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #108 on: November 07, 2019, 08:16:40 PM »
Some moar

I had to chop part of the finger tips down to squarred off shape to get them to fit. But in game photos, they're kinda blocky anyway. I squarred up the thumb to match. I like them better anyway. Now I have to catch up the other fist, but the learning process is figured out. Still lots of work to do. But I need to clean up 1st. It looks like a drop pod exploded on impact LOL
There's pieces of Terminator armor all over. Thanx for watching!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 11:41:44 AM by adeptus mechanicus »

Offline Chuut-Riit

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2019, 03:07:49 AM »
Please tell me you plan on sharing your templates when you're done here. I realize you're probably working with the same Pepakura paper templates that are in the download section, but you're kinda takin things to a whole 'nother level here.

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2019, 06:15:44 AM »
Please tell me you plan on sharing your templates when you're done here. I realize you're probably working with the same Pepakura paper templates that are in the download section, but you're kinda takin things to a whole 'nother level here.
Thanx, the only template I have is for the power fist body itself ( which I believe is Pilerud's). All the rest of the pieces are 1 off that I doubled for both sides. Some will have to be made side for side as both fists aren't exactly mirrored.

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2019, 11:47:57 AM »
Thanx, the only template I have is for the power fist body itself ( which I believe is Pilerud's). All the rest of the pieces are 1 off that I doubled for both sides. Some will have to be made side for side as both fists aren't exactly mirrored.
I thought about it, and if somebody wanted, I could make some sketches of some of the bigger pieces with dimensions and scan them to post. This is actually the way that I got the fist template to begin with. I saw a pic in another thread (Schrambo's I believe) and pulled it up on the screen and literally traced it on paper right on the screen. Then enlarged it on an overhead projector (way old school LOL). But with some rough dimensions and pics, you should be able to muddle through.

Offline doomfist

• Tech Priest of the Cheapus Mechanicus
  • Honor Guard
  • :
    • deviantart.com/
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2019, 09:43:00 PM »
Emperor's Balls!  This continues to be an absolutely stunning build. 
Suffer not the glue gun to burn

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2019, 08:27:45 AM »
Emperor's Balls!  This continues to be an absolutely stunning build.
Thanx, LOL! I appreciate it.

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2019, 08:39:35 PM »
Took a small break from carving fingers and made a power-up module for the glove.

This has about a dozen blue LED's inside and some thin packing foam to help diffuse them. I used some leftover acrylic tube from the apothecary vials to make the clear body part. I also used some scotchbrite pad to fuzz it out. The rest is foam board and Eva foam.

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2019, 08:45:27 PM »
Here it is on the glove.

It may look a tad large for what's going on, but I think once everything is assembled it'll be good. I was kinda stuck by the size of the tube and just made the rest to fit.

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2019, 08:52:54 PM »
Here's a few more in the dark, this thing is bright

So far in this build, I would have to say that these lightning claws have been the most fun to make. Not that I haven't had a blast making the rest of the armor. It's just that they're so over the top redicules LOL Thanx for watching.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx