gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49264 Posts in 2552 Topics by 5286 Members - Latest Member: phoenix_e419 October 19, 2019, 06:31:31 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)  (Read 1214 times)

Offline adeptus mechanicus

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2019, 11:48:56 AM »
Heres where I'll be holding onto once its mounted in the foam. I'll probably put some kind of strap and some foam get up for the forearm

In position in the fist

The next step is to mount it permanently in the foam fist and start skinning the guard and mount the dog houses. After that, figure the length of the blades
and cut the profile in a [> shape. I still have to come up with something to bridge the gap to mount something for the thumb.
Winged freak,...wait til they get a load of me

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2019, 11:11:11 AM »
Got something almost done, ran out of cord for the handle

I know its not fitting for an apothecary, but I had to make it. Who knows, I might have to make a terminator chaplain to go with it!
All the spiked parts and skulls are 3d printed, the rest is foam and wood dowel. Enjoy!

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2019, 11:14:40 AM »
Oh, and if you haven't noticed, I get a bad case of the squirrels sometimes. LOL I get sidetracked easily and go off on a tangent
and make stuff. Usually when I get stuck on something or am waiting on ordered pieces. The crozius has been sitting for a while and was itching to get finished.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2019, 11:41:16 AM »
Back to the lightning claws, added on a foam pad and a strap for my forearm

also got the frame mounted in the fist with a small stand off for the thumb.

The frame is mounted on some foam strips in the shape of an "I" beam. I figured the frame and handlebar will be taking the weight of the guard and claws

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 11:52:16 AM by adeptus mechanicus »

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2019, 11:45:27 AM »
I could finally close off the end by my elbow and add a cuff

I had some large diameter cardboard tube that I cut and skinned with foam that I can put some detail on later.
This will have some Velcro on the inside for some ribbed material to hide my elbow

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2019, 11:51:31 AM »
Now this is starting to look like something!

Still need to make the fingers and skin the guard, then I can cut the blades down to size. They're still too large at the moment. Trying to get the proportion like in the
pic

If anybody has any questions or comments, I'm all ears. Thanx for looking!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 11:53:27 AM by adeptus mechanicus »

Offline prev

• Death Company Marine
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • Fighting the Black Rage
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2019, 02:09:56 AM »
Absolutely outstanding work sir.

Dare I ask where you got the foam files from?

Keep up the good work dude!!!!
Treat us with honour, Brothers. Not because we will bring you victory this day, but because our fate will one day be yours...

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2019, 11:40:36 AM »
Absolutely outstanding work sir.

Dare I ask where you got the foam files from?

Keep up the good work dude!!!!
They were from here, and I cant remember who at the moment. They aren't on here anymore for me to credit the person or at least I cant find them. They were the foam files that somebody redid. All the pep terminator files are still here but not the foam ones. And thanx for the compliment, I appreciate it very much. This is my 1st build of any kind like this, so it means a lot from everyone on here!!
Also in case anybody is wondering, I printed these right from the files with no sizing mods. These were the same size as Brother Barachiel's. I'm 6'1" and only had to bump up my feet by about 3-3 1/2"s. He had to go about a foot. He's kinda short if I remember right " I'm a Hobbit" LOL!! I would upsize the torso 10-15% and will do so the the next 1 (Chaos or Chaplain termie, I cant decide yet)

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2019, 11:48:09 AM »
I got the other fist caught up, now there's a pair

A lot of the wood frame will get trimmed out so you'll barely be able to notice it. Ill hide it with black paint underneath the fingers when I get them roughed in. This
is another reason I'm making the guard bolt on, it would be nigh impossible to cover everything with paint

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2019, 11:44:10 AM »
Moar! Got a guard skinned

Overall length so far

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2019, 11:51:17 AM »
Width and thickness, about 1 1/8"

other side

thick

Now to catch the other guard up and trim ,contour the blades. I'm not sure yet on the adornments. I'll have to look closer at the screen shots from in game. Most likely
gonna be bone white to match the armor but don't know about the goodies.

Offline Alnehin

• Initiate
  • :
  • Grey Knight
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2019, 03:49:37 AM »
Your build is insanely awesome !! Not only the details you put on, but also all the explanations and all !! Really inspiring ! Great job !! Here is a picture of a IF who will explain my current state of mind about your build !! And i feel jealous...You are lucky to be 6'1"...I want to build a Grey Knight Paladin and i'm only 5'8"...I will have to resize everything, to avoid T-Rex arms, as i will need my own hand to grip on some Force weapon.

I am the hammer, I am the right hand of the Emperor, the instrument of His will, the gauntlet about His fist, the tip of His spear, the edge of His sword!

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2019, 11:49:45 AM »
Your build is insanely awesome !! Not only the details you put on, but also all the explanations and all !! Really inspiring ! Great job !! Here is a picture of a IF who will explain my current state of mind about your build !! And i feel jealous...You are lucky to be 6'1"...I want to build a Grey Knight Paladin and i'm only 5'8"...I will have to resize everything, to avoid T-Rex arms, as i will need my own hand to grip on some Force weapon.

Thanx for the comments, I appreciate it! I enjoy taking the pics and posting the progress. I hope it helps somebody with their build or sparks them to start one of their own.
I don't know what the pep files on the download section look like as far as scale, but you shouldn't have to go far. I only had to use about 3" risers for my build, but he's not full size.
I got lucky in that aspect. I would upscale my torso about 10-15% next time. Its already in the mix for another terminator (chaos or chaplain? haven't decided yet) You can still make an outstanding set of armor even if its not true scale. Look at Brother Collins Grey Knight build, its awesome. Start building!! LOL  And thanx for watching!!

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2019, 11:40:21 AM »
Got the blades profiled, what a PITA!

Also if you notice, there some discoloration on the tips of the blades. I took some superglue and soaked it in before I heat sealed the foam. That will help preserve the tip from getting smashed.(Thanx to SKS Props on YouTube!)

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2019, 11:51:29 AM »
Also glued the wood dowels in and dug out the bottom of the dog house to sit flat on the face of the guard

The dowels will get trimmed down to about 1". I purposely left them long because I didn't know exactly what I was dealing with as far as the blade profile.
But now that the blades are done, I see the length left over that I'm working with. I might not glue these (blades) home yet, it will be kinda cumbersome detailing the guard
and moving this thing around. I'll wait just before paint.

Here's a question for the cannon guys, Should I battle damage the blades? I know they're powered and what not (force field) but it might add a little bit of detail to some rather plain pieces. Tell me what you think.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx