gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49229 Posts in 2550 Topics by 5240 Members - Latest Member: DreadAgent September 22, 2019, 09:09:57 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)  (Read 480 times)

Offline adeptus mechanicus

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2019, 11:49:49 AM »
Heres a couple of the diaper from before showing belt buckle hanger and some other details

The buckle part is actually a piece of 1/8 welding rod bent and secured inside the foam with a piece of 1/4 luan plywood. The idea being that I could swap out the belt buckles.
Winged freak,...wait til they get a load of me

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2019, 11:53:15 AM »
The buckles all have the same attachment gear on the backside to fit the belt hanger

The wood slides down into the wire hanger on the belt. Everything gets a coat of black paint on the backside to tidy it all up

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2019, 11:57:29 AM »
The green straps that you see 2 pics above are to mount the side armor plates that hold the blood vials on his waist. I used some quick release buckles for ease of painting and transport. Also these should move when I walk. The back rump plate has the same set up. (pics to follow) You can see where I made a slit in the diaper and glued them from the inside.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2019, 11:40:18 AM »
Heres the rump armor plate

I made a standoff out of foam so it sticks out more like the minis and the game, but don't know how it will act yet. May have to add a couple more to outer edge. The thickness of the plates is 1 1/2
 to give it  a sense of scale and weight The plates with the tapped holes are to screw in the fittings for the blood vials on the thigh armor. (3d printed also)

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2019, 11:44:54 AM »
Heres some details on the front> I made a cod piece and trimmed it out with 3d printed rivets

And some detail on the belt (a nod to all the inspiration I've found on the O.C.) Burned in with a soldering iron.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2019, 11:48:07 AM »
These 3d printed plates  have a piece of steel embedded in it, and I was planning on making the blood vials removeable to swap out with some skulls. But I don't think they will stay on, so I tapped a 3mm hole in the middle and plan on screwing them on.

I still have to trim out the leg holes yet but this part's almost done. I also trimmed the waist way down towards the belt, you couldn't move or bend at the
waist. It severely limited your movement.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2019, 11:32:39 PM »
Made a little progress on the lightning claws. The wood framework will be mounted inside the foam fist.
 The small grab bar is the 1 you'd grip, the big bar is the 1 that will mount the claws on the outside.
The fingers of the power fist actually wrap around this bar and there are tubing mounted from  the knuckles to the blades.

When this is all assembled, the fingers will hide all the wood and brackets so that it just looks like
I'm grabbing the bar with the fist. In reality the fingers are just a cover.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2019, 11:59:43 PM »
I managed to get all the blades cut out of my last sheet of 1" foam. They're about 3 1/2"
wide and 18" long. The pinkies will be shorter and narrower.

After that, I spent alot of time figuring out the other pieces to mount the blades the the guard
 so they will be fairly strong. I'm hoping to make the guard removable for transport, as they'll be about 2ft long or better.
 I'll have to see what I come up with.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2019, 11:39:35 AM »
Got a little more done on the lightning claws

This is the framework for the guard that will mount the claws. The corners will get rounded off and the whole thing gets covered in foam (about 1 1/4 thick)

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2019, 11:48:48 AM »
Heres mocked up with foam (measures about 36" depending on a couple blocks in between to mount the claws)

The blocks will go in between the blade and the guard, kinda dog house shaped. The blades may get a little shorter depending on the proportions, but
 in the game they're huge overall. Again, the wood framework will get covered by the fingers and the palm.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2019, 11:44:08 AM »
Heres a couple of the dog houses and the power conduits. I'm thinkin the conduits need to be bigger diameter.

They wind up getting wrapped with detail at the end where the skulls are.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2019, 11:48:04 AM »
Heres a screen shot to give you an idea of the size proportion.

That's what I'm gunning for anyway. I think I need some bigger skulls and tubes? Anybody?

Offline Chuut-Riit

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2019, 11:25:23 PM »
I think you're correct on needing thicker tubes for the power conduits, but I think the skulls actually look spot on.

BTW, I am REALLY loving the amount of effort you're putting into not just the build, but also the documentation of your build process! Know that I am EATING this all UP as inspiration to get started on a Space Wolf build as soon as I'm more moved into my new apartment.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2019, 11:44:31 AM »
I think you're correct on needing thicker tubes for the power conduits, but I think the skulls actually look spot on.

BTW, I am REALLY loving the amount of effort you're putting into not just the build, but also the documentation of your build process! Know that I am EATING this all UP as inspiration to get started on a Space Wolf build as soon as I'm more moved into my new apartment.

Thanx for commenting, I appreciate the feedback. I bought some larger diameter plastic conduit yesterday and have some other skulls on the way from Ebay.
The tubes still have some wrapped detail towards the fist end that may make the skulls look a little small. I'll wait and see on the mock up . I hope this inspires some more new people to start building and posting their progress!!  Are you gonna build a termie or space marine? Good luck when you do start!

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2019, 11:40:00 AM »
More progress on the claws. Got the bar mounted and the dog houses for the blades mocked in.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Brother Lucien joins the ranks of the Deathwing (WIP)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx