gfxgfx
 
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 
gfx gfx
gfxgfx
 
Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.
 
gfx gfx
gfx
49167 Posts in 2548 Topics by 5180 Members - Latest Member: Ledeberge August 21, 2019, 05:54:43 AM
*
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Roboute Guilliman helmet build
gfx
gfxgfx
 

Author Topic: Roboute Guilliman helmet build  (Read 330 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline idocosplaystuff

  • Initiate
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • :
  • Neophyte
Roboute Guilliman helmet build
« on: February 15, 2019, 04:41:24 PM »
Hey! so i am pretty new to this forum and i wanted to show all of you the Guilliman helmet i made for someone. I will try to describe my process the best i can



So my helmet is made of foam and for the main shell of the helmet i used the Pepakura pattern modified by Pilerud's cosplay. All parts were made with 10 and 5 mm foam.



After having made the main shell i started working on the face plate. I just slightly modified the face plate pattern to match the Guilliman helmet



After making the face plate i started on the trim detail. These were all done out of the 5 mm foam and there was sadly not a lot of reference images of these details so i had to improvise a little bit. Around this point i also modified the ear cup piece to protrude less extremely.






Next up was the laurel wreath. For this i made a basic leaf shape that i cut out a lot of times(not sure how many of them it was in total) After having cut out these leaves i overlapped them all and glued them together into the desired shape and length



And after having done that i made the eagle that goes on the forehead



After this i added in the lenses which were just squares of orange Plexiglas which i heat bent with a heat gun. Somewhere around this time i also added the tubing and i made some foam adapters for the tubes.




The fabrication was now done and it was off to priming and painting. I primed the foam with flexbond from Thecosplayshop and then put on a base coat of cerulean blue hue to have a good base colour. This was followed up by a few thin coats (as Duncan would say) of cobalt blue hue



The trim parts were all undercoated with black and then got painted gold. After this i attached the laurel wreath which i painted with Hookers Green and highlighted with a lighter green dry brush.
After having done all of this i realized the back was looking quite boring so i added a bit of trim to make it more interesting



After adding this trim the helmet was basically done, i hope you enjoyed my little thread (i'm sorry this is my first time so it might be lacking some things) if you have any more questions or any criticism feel free to write them in the comment section. And if you want to see more of my content you can find me on instagram @idocosplaystuff
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 05:02:21 PM by kaiwanxiao »

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Roboute Guilliman helmet build
 

gfxgfx
gfx gfx
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!