gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49347 Posts in 2560 Topics by 5371 Members - Latest Member: nshogun December 09, 2019, 10:13:46 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Ultramarines Armour (I need help)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ultramarines Armour (I need help)  (Read 261 times)

Offline Pandaa Rain

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Ultramarines Armour (I need help)
« on: August 09, 2019, 05:15:21 PM »
Hello! I’m building a Space Marine suit (The Ultrasmurfs) and I need a few pointers.
1- What are their leather Tavares between the legs called? I’m going to add some.
2- Where can I get EVA Foam cheaply in Australia?
3- What would be good to make a tough rigid shell? DON’T SAY FIBERGLASS. I don’t have access to that kind of stuff and I also want to make it environment friendly.
Thank you!

Offline drakmar

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Ultramarines Armour (I need help)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 11:38:09 PM »
check out my build for my White Scar.  Made with cheap ALDI foam ($9.99 per 6 squares of 60cm x 60cm x 1.1cm).    Get the right glue, a heat gun, a file sander, a dremel, a whetstone, and blades.  Alcohol wipes get rid of the pen (that will bleed through your paint).  Cabots Interior and Exterior house paint is flexible and doesn't always need a sealant under it. 

It does the job.

Hardening... yeah.. no idea.  That costs money.  whether is is Smooth On or other resins.

As for environmentally friendly?  Nah mate.

And depending on where you are in Australia you might be able to get local assistance.  I'm in Brisbane and I know of people in - Perth, Newcastle, FN Qld, probably Melbourne and Sydney, and Tasmania.

Offline Pandaa Rain

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Ultramarines Armour (I need help)
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 03:30:01 AM »
Thanks! I am based in Brisbane. :) Are you going to ComicCon Brisbane? If so we can meet up. I won’t bring my build because I’ve only got the paper models done and the stilts. But anyway, this helps a lot. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 06:25:55 PM by Pandaa Rain »

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Ultramarines Armour (I need help)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx