gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49083 Posts in 2534 Topics by 4732 Members - Latest Member: That_one_nub December 14, 2018, 08:19:05 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Terminator foam file questions
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Terminator foam file questions  (Read 207 times)

Offline adeptus mechanicus

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Terminator foam file questions
« on: September 08, 2018, 08:26:04 PM »
Hi guys and gals, new to the site and to the cosplay world.  I have a few ?s regarding the foam files for the terminator I'm about to start. When I printed these out at my work, they  printed on 8 1/2x 11s. The printer left a margin of about a 1/2 inch blank all around the paper. Should I continue the lines and connect the dots, or overlap the paper to line everything up? Reason being, some will continue like their supposed to, others wont because of the angles. Thanx to all in advance, and this site has killer build threads!! Lots to learn

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Terminator foam file questions
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 11:32:54 AM »
Figured it out, Thanx anyway  Mods, you can dump this if you want.

Offline DroganKharg

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 09:32:52 PM »
How did you solve this? I'm still not familiar with the program and I can't find anything.

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 11:42:07 AM »
How did you solve this? I'm still not familiar with the program and I can't find anything.
Where the lines quit printing towards the edge, I drew a line with ruler and pencil and trimmed off that strip. It seemed to line up after that. The straight lines went without a problem, the angeled ones  I kept moving until they met. I still don't know what the scale of the files are. I'm using the ones from here and they look quite large. I cut out the arm pieces last night and the forearm is about 10-12 inch diameter.. Hope this helps, good luck on your build

Offline vonjankmon

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 03:43:02 PM »
If I may make a suggestion if you are not sure about the sizing, do the legs first. Most other proportions can be fudged a little bit but if the legs are to short or two small (diameter wise) you're often just SOL. Doing the legs first will give you an idea about whether you have the sizing correct and can actually walk in the armor.

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 09:08:52 PM »
If I may make a suggestion if you are not sure about the sizing, do the legs first. Most other proportions can be fudged a little bit but if the legs are to short or two small (diameter wise) you're often just SOL. Doing the legs first will give you an idea about whether you have the sizing correct and can actually walk in the armor.
Yeah I can see that. I'm starting on 1st leg paper pattern just to see what I'm working with. The reason I cut the arm is to finish up on the strap for an auto cannon and needed to see the dia. of the forearm. Am currently fudgeing that as I post. But will def.ly cut the leg next. Thanx!!

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 11:40:33 AM »
Also, theres a ton of videos on youtube about building armor and whatnot that are a great help. Spend lots of time there!

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Terminator foam file questions

gfxgfx
gfx gfx