gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49083 Posts in 2534 Topics by 4729 Members - Latest Member: zodki December 11, 2018, 12:28:52 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  General Costuming  |  Warhammer 40K Cosplay Tutorials  |  Death watch left shoulder and community question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Death watch left shoulder and community question  (Read 172 times)

Offline 4SakenWelder

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Death watch left shoulder and community question
« on: August 15, 2018, 12:05:28 PM »
I am looking to be accurate, I cannot find good pics of the Latin phrases sometimes scribed into the left shoulder armor of Deathwatch marines.  Other question, How anal is the community about Space marine scaling for cosplay.  For my first build, i wanted to do terminator armor, and i am 6'3".  I really didn't want to make it full size of over 9' (at least not yet).  I would like to think the community as a whole would encourage anyone of any skill level to participate.  Any thoughts?   

Offline vonjankmon

• Scout
  • :
Re: Death watch left shoulder and community question
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 10:43:05 AM »
I don't think there is any true translation to the "latin" on the DeathWatch shoulder pads, I think the GW artists just sculpt something that looks like latin on there. I just fired up Google Translate and entered some simple phrases for the latin on my armor.

And I don't really think people care whether you go life sized or normal human sized, really a personal choice. I'm a bit over 7 feet in my armor with 11 inch stilts and walking around is enough of a pain that I would not fault anyone for doing a normal sized build.

Offline 4SakenWelder

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Death watch left shoulder and community question
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 07:32:32 PM »
Thanks, thats what I thought.  I appreciate you commenting.  Thats what I did for the shoulder pads. I also noticed same on Deathwatch logo, inside the "I".  At least I know I am on the right track. 

thanks again!

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  General Costuming  |  Warhammer 40K Cosplay Tutorials  |  Death watch left shoulder and community question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx