gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49084 Posts in 2534 Topics by 4735 Members - Latest Member: 1ksonspleb December 16, 2018, 03:38:55 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  Warhammer Cosplaying in the US?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Warhammer Cosplaying in the US?  (Read 318 times)

Offline vonjankmon

• Scout
  • :
Warhammer Cosplaying in the US?
« on: December 29, 2017, 08:58:30 AM »
I know there's a good showing at DragonCon each year as far as Warhammer cosplay goes but are there any other conventions in the US where people show up Warhammer cosplays? Seems like those in Europe have a number of options but since Games Days went away in the US there doesn't seem to be any options.

There was one other Space Marine at AwesomeCon in DC last year but that's more or less all I've seen locally to me and I haven't heard about many other gatherings than DragonCon.

Offline doomfist

• Tech Priest of the Cheapus Mechanicus
  • Honor Guard
  • :
    • deviantart.com/
Re: Warhammer Cosplaying in the US?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 07:27:41 PM »
I'm hoping to have my Chaplain done in time for Salt Lake City's Con.  And then I'll be going to the two smaller cons they have her in Vegas.  SD Comicon is just too big now to go to.  I grew up in SD and went to every con from 1980-2000, 2000 was the year I went.   It to took 4 hours to just get in and it was like swimming upstream in people, and that's when I decided to stop going. 
Suffer not the glue gun to burn

Offline glig

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 05:10:33 PM »
I've seen a few groups show up at Adepticon via online albums and I always bring my Eldar to Momocon which I've seen 1 or 2 other Warhammer people there on occasion.

Not sure about any other US convention though.

Offline Blaisdell

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 11:00:26 AM »
Not including a sporadic con cosplayer, I haven't seen any organized warhammer cos play in my area sadly. Haven't looked in the last year or so, but I did before.

Offline vonjankmon

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 09:45:20 PM »
What’s the feel of MomoCon? DragonCon kind of feels like a giant frat party to me and is a bit crowded IMO. I might do Adepticon next year but not sure if I’d bring my Space Marine amor because it takes up all of the room in the back of my SUV and then some.

Offline glig

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 11:33:37 AM »
General differences between Momocon and Dragoncon:
  • Momocon is a more anime/comics/video game convention than the overall nerddom that is Dragoncon.
  • It is a bit smaller in that Dragoncon officially brings ~80k people and Momo brings about ~30k.
  • The price point is less, so it tends to have more families/kids
  • Momo is hosted at GWCC/Omni so there isn't as much late night frat parties, but many people love the rave that occurs.

I volunteer at both conventions, so I'll always be at both.

Offline Daeouse

• "And what have we learned?"
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • "And what have we learned?"
    • http://daeouse.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 09:28:07 PM »
There's a few guys in Florida, but there is only one or two guys I know who would be interested. We're all so busy with life. . .

Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  Warhammer Cosplaying in the US?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx