gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
48970 Posts in 2520 Topics by 4472 Members - Latest Member: ppaaii July 20, 2018, 04:26:51 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Spacehulk Deathwing Brother Barachiel Build [In Progress]
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Spacehulk Deathwing Brother Barachiel Build [In Progress]  (Read 2278 times)

Offline doomfist

• Tech Priest of the Cheapus Mechanicus
  • Honor Guard
  • :
    • deviantart.com/
Re: Spacehulk Deathwing Brother Barachiel Build [In Progress]
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2018, 09:13:59 PM »
Nice, looking sharp.  I really like your weathering technique, looks beat to hell, in a good way. 
Suffer not the glue gun to burn

Offline Inquisitor Horvath

• Scout
  • :
  • Mutated, heretical, xenos hunter
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2018, 01:04:36 PM »
Terminator armor is rare at best, and shiny doesn't stay shiny long when you're deathwing. Keep up the good work!

Offline Brother Barachiel

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2018, 03:35:02 AM »
Build Log Update 38: Left Leg Armor Paint

Another update for you all. Working on painting the Left Leg Armour and Boot. See photos below. More time consuming than i thought too get it how i want, being all beat up and looking like ive just carved a hole in the side of chaos.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2018, 03:37:55 AM »
Nice, looking sharp.  I really like your weathering technique, looks beat to hell, in a good way.

Thanks mate!! Yeah its been a patience tester !! But really happy with how its turning out

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2018, 03:39:50 AM »
Terminator armor is rare at best, and shiny doesn't stay shiny long when you're deathwing. Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much. Yeah im with you, the Deathwing Company are really well versed in carving chaos and heretics alike. There armour should reflect that.

Offline Alnehin

• Initiate
  • :
  • Grey Knight
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2018, 05:42:43 PM »
Your thread is so much inspiring ! Really great job, Brother ! With which tool of the Dremel did you achieve the amazing detailing on your shins ? Furthermore, how tall are you without your armour and with ? Which scaling did you use for your termi ? (A lot of question, to help me when the time will come to start my own build)
I am the hammer, I am the right hand of the Emperor, the instrument of His will, the gauntlet about His fist, the tip of His spear, the edge of His sword!

Offline drakmar

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2018, 09:11:58 PM »
Looking good.  The paint work is inspiring.  Can you expand on the process you used for the paint?  I'm thinking i might have to replicate it slightly for my White Scar.  Dirty my Khan up a bit.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2018, 11:49:17 PM »
Looking good.  The paint work is inspiring.  Can you expand on the process you used for the paint?  I'm thinking i might have to replicate it slightly for my White Scar.  Dirty my Khan up a bit.

Hey mate,

Sure can, just got back from my honeymoon, ill do a bit of a guide tomorrow for you, and ill post it up here and the OS facebook. Also it foward it too your Cosplay page.

Cheers

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2018, 11:54:39 PM »
Your thread is so much inspiring ! Really great job, Brother ! With which tool of the Dremel did you achieve the amazing detailing on your shins ? Furthermore, how tall are you without your armour and with ? Which scaling did you use for your termi ? (A lot of question, to help me when the time will come to start my own build)

Thanks for the kind words. I used a dome shaped dremel head. I dont have the packet anymore but its like a half ball head and about 8mm across.

So im a hobbit. 5ft odd or 165cm tall without the armour. With the boots on im roughly 190cm tall. From ground too very top of the costume is 205cm or 6.72 ft

I didnt scale anything from the original templates, but i wish i did. Once im done with my build ill add some  tips too my front page about recommendations for the build and where too scale up and adding parts.

Cheers

Offline Alnehin

• Initiate
  • :
  • Grey Knight
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2018, 06:44:25 AM »
Thanks for the answer. So i am not the only inhabitant of the Shire to do a Space Marine ;)
I am the hammer, I am the right hand of the Emperor, the instrument of His will, the gauntlet about His fist, the tip of His spear, the edge of His sword!

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2018, 03:49:09 AM »
Build Log Update 39: More Painting

Back on the grind with the painting the armor. Here a few little updates of what ive been working on. Weathering mostly.

Offline drakmar

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2018, 04:40:14 AM »

Hey mate,

Sure can, just got back from my honeymoon, ill do a bit of a guide tomorrow for you, and ill post it up here and the OS facebook. Also it foward it too your Cosplay page.

Cheers

Congrats on the wedding/honeymoon etc. 

That is really appreciated.  Your build is shaping up to be a real award winner.  My build is also currently standing at 6'7".  I am however lucky to have had to only add 6" above my own height.

I really like the design of the Repent banner. 

Offline Inquisitor Horvath

• Scout
  • :
  • Mutated, heretical, xenos hunter
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2018, 10:46:15 AM »
Proof that space hulks aren't safe/clean lol

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2018, 01:02:16 AM »
Build Log Update 40: More Painting

Hello Team, Sorry for the long Hiatus, Life has been quite busy and haven't had much time to focus on the build. Today ive got a new update with painting of the right boot and the eagle shin. Hoping too get these done this week and move onto the COD piece and hopefully get a pictures of the full bottom half all painted and weathered. Exciting !!!

Offline doomfist

• Tech Priest of the Cheapus Mechanicus
  • Honor Guard
  • :
    • deviantart.com/
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2018, 11:22:21 PM »
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! 

Suffer not the glue gun to burn

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Spacehulk Deathwing Brother Barachiel Build [In Progress]

gfxgfx
gfx gfx