gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
48926 Posts in 2515 Topics by 4380 Members - Latest Member: xXStefekXx May 27, 2018, 12:48:09 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Spacehulk Deathwing Brother Barachiel Build [In Progress]
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Spacehulk Deathwing Brother Barachiel Build [In Progress]  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Brother Barachiel

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Spacehulk Deathwing Brother Barachiel Build [In Progress]
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2017, 05:39:10 AM »
Build Log Update 30: Torso Upgrades

Below are pictures of the upgrades i did too the torso. First off i made the holes in the outer rim on the chest armour. This was done with a pipe that i sharpened with a dremel and twisted it down into the foam making near perfect holes. After this i used small scrap foam too glue on the underside. I then added the small edge details to the I symbol. After this i glued the angels down onto the foam. The two small figures were put bases and glued too those. The front angel was backed with 6mm foam and then glued too the middle of the I symbol. After this i drew the back detailing on and carved it in with a hot knife.

Chest Armor Holes

Edge Details

Angels

Back Details

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2017, 04:52:45 AM »
Build Log Update 31: Helmet

Hello again Battle Brothers and Sisters of Battle. Been really busy with work and sickness, so build has been slow. Here are pictures of the construction of the Terminator Helmet. Not finished but thought id do a dump of progress pictures for the guys making terminator Armour.

Offline doomfist

• Tech Priest of the Cheapus Mechanicus
  • Honor Guard
  • :
    • deviantart.com/
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2017, 12:18:45 AM »
NICE!  Looking good. 
Suffer not the glue gun to burn

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2017, 02:40:48 AM »
NICE!  Looking good. 

Thanks mate. Hopefully tonight ill get up some pictures of me wearing it all dressed up!!

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2017, 07:52:13 PM »
oh yeah, this is definitely one of the better Termie builds around. I do notice that the helmet won't be affording you any head movement?
Facts are chains that bind perception and fetter truth. For a man can remake the world if he has a dream and no facts to cloud his mind.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2017, 08:01:26 PM »
oh yeah, this is definitely one of the better Termie builds around. I do notice that the helmet won't be affording you any head movement?

Thanks!! Well actually I've done some testing and I think I have a solution for that. I'm looking at bringing the head hole forward and using a head harness system inside the helmet too get some movement.  But in the picture the helmet is pushed back pretty far. I'll upload some picture tonight of me with it on my head.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2017, 02:12:33 AM »
Build Log Update 32: Helmet Finished

Here are some pictures of the finished helmet. Probably one of the peices im most proud of. Modified the EX1le pattern too fit my head and made it too ressemble the in game model more.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2017, 02:17:50 AM »
Build Log Update 33: Ducting

Completed my ducting for the legs and arms. Used 6inch for the arms and 10inch for the legs. I simply sewed 4 way stretch or 2 way stretch spandex into  a tube that gripped around the ducting as i pulled it over it. then using some hot glue, i gluded about 1 inch over into the inside of the ducting around the rim. Then stretched it down and glued it on the other rim the same way. Then used some staples along the rim. I would have like too do it with a sewing machine but mine was too small too accommodate the 10 inch ducting.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2017, 02:26:35 AM »
Build Log Update 34: Update photos with helmet

Here is my photo dump of the current progress of the costume. As i wait for the final order of foam, too finish up the thigh armour,
I am starting too get all the paint ready and practicing how i want it too look. Ill update shortly with the colour swatches ive done.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2017, 02:34:23 AM »
Build Log Update 35: Paint Testing

Below are my paint test pieces. Sealed with flexbond. Undercoat was Rustoleum Flat Iron. Then was followed up with Rustoleum Ivory Silk. All other paint is really cheap acrylic paints. Simple Black, Burnt Umber and Silver. I will probably invest in some other silver pigments and maybe some textured paint. Also some rub and buff for metal features and too make all the letters pop.

Offline prev

• Death Company Marine
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • Fighting the Black Rage
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2017, 07:52:31 AM »
Absolutely outstanding update dude.

This is very rapidly shaping up to be the best Terminator build yet. I have a LOT of catching up to do (if I ever get started...).

I'm loving the progress, keep it up!!!!!!!!
Treat us with honour, Brothers. Not because we will bring you victory this day, but because our fate will one day be yours...

Offline doomfist

• Tech Priest of the Cheapus Mechanicus
  • Honor Guard
  • :
    • deviantart.com/
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2017, 10:15:35 PM »
Can not wait to see this sucker painted.   So far so awesome.
Suffer not the glue gun to burn

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2018, 03:51:04 AM »
Can not wait to see this sucker painted.   So far so awesome.

Cheers mate, im about to upload some of the first painting done.

Absolutely outstanding update dude.

This is very rapidly shaping up to be the best Terminator build yet. I have a LOT of catching up to do (if I ever get started...).

I'm loving the progress, keep it up!!!!!!!!

Thanks mate. There are a few terminator builds going on within the community at the moment. Keen too see how everyone appraoches it.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2018, 04:38:18 AM »
Build Log Update 36: Paint !!

Here we go team!! First parts painted !! Thigh armour plates and Back armour plate for the COD piece.

I will add to the build log all the progression photos, but i will come back and show off the techniques used and what paint i used, priming etc

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2018, 05:13:49 AM »
Build Log Update 37: More Paint

Hey team, long time since the last update. Been busy with work and the like but none the less still working slowly on the paint job. Ive attached a heap of photos for your perusal. Main on the Thigh Armour and a few pics of the primed boot and shin.

Weathering is by far the longest part with about 8 hours on each piece .Please enjoy the progress pics. As i said last time ill come back through here and order them all in sequence. and Let you guys know how ive done all the painting and weathering =) Pushing for a mid year finish but we will see. Still so much to do and i havent even started the assualt cannon.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Spacehulk Deathwing Brother Barachiel Build [In Progress]

gfxgfx
gfx gfx