gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49050 Posts in 2530 Topics by 4632 Members - Latest Member: SaraBahr October 20, 2018, 05:24:27 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Spacehulk Deathwing Brother Barachiel Build [In Progress]
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Spacehulk Deathwing Brother Barachiel Build [In Progress]  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Brother Barachiel

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Spacehulk Deathwing Brother Barachiel Build [In Progress]
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2017, 01:52:56 AM »
Build Log Update 23: 20 Oct 17 - Cosmetic Upgrades

Finally at a point now where i can update on the correct date.

This update ive done a few things. Ive done the Dremel Work on the Toes. Added the Plastic, Square Top Rivets too the Shoulders. Finished the Shins off with the Joint Nuts. Ive also made the ring around the centre buckle and mounted a resin skull on.

Tasks for the weekend will be the final section of the center pelvis, needs another one to make it flow better when im wearing it.
Find some of those eyes too be rounded rivets for the eagle shin and stick them on.
Add some small foam details too the thighs
Buckle system for right thigh and shin
Finish off the Parchment scrolls for the shoulder
Make modifications too the torso section where the arm holes are for more comfort.
For the back vents i need too make the flaps for them and small foam details im missing from the in game models.
Also i would like too start my modifications for the arms, but i have a few days off next week so hopefully get them done and if my parts arrive for the powerfist ill start building that!!

Offline Ziba

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2017, 12:00:56 PM »
Thank you very much for sharing your build! It's a very nice job and it is inspiring as I'm also in the process of building my first Space Marine.
It really helps me to read your comment and look carefully at your picture so really thank you and good luck with the future!

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2017, 08:37:19 PM »
Thank you very much for sharing your build! It's a very nice job and it is inspiring as I'm also in the process of building my first Space Marine.
It really helps me to read your comment and look carefully at your picture so really thank you and good luck with the future!

Thanks mate =) Hope you have fun making your space marine. Ill be updating my log later on today with a few more updates.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2017, 07:04:39 AM »
Build Log Update 24: 25 Oct 17 Update

This update is just showing a few more cosmetic upgrades being done.

Small things ive done are the Deathwing thigh armour Plate, Gluing down the fluer de lis on the torso. Further adjustments too the arm hole on the torso. Small adjustments to the actual right arm. Shoulder Scrolls are now done. Also ive done the back vents on the torso and these small small armour plates near the head dome.

Ive had a small issue with the foam warping .. not sure why but it put the back vents right off.. so i adjusted best i could.

Back Vents - Torso

Deathwing Thigh Plate

Shoulder Scrolls

Fleur de Lis

Torso Small Armour Plates

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2017, 03:35:53 AM »
Build Log Update 25: 26 Oct 17 Update

Today i worked on finishing the Deathwing thigh armour plate and the torso/groin armour. I also did some practice of the battle damage with my soldering iron.

Deathwing Thigh Armour.

Groin Armour

Battle Damage Practice

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2017, 05:51:10 AM »
Build Log Update 26: 26 Oct 17 Dress Test

Jump in the costume quickly for a few progress shots since the last ones too update the build log and see my progress =)
Pretty exciitng stuff.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2017, 03:00:32 AM »
Build Log Update 26: 30 Oct 17 Update - Boot Upgrade and Pelvis Upgrades.

Few updates since the last dress test. I have modified the left boots too better reflect the boot from the in game model. Also i have done some updates to the the pelvis. I moved the back vents up about 3 inches.
 and created some Armour pieces for the back section.

The boots turned out really well. However once i clicked the Shins back in... covers all the hard work up. So i might try and raise the back section up a little.

Goals over the next week will be
- Complete the right boot
- Complete the belt section of the pelvis armour

Upcoming goals for the build
- Once i order the 3mm Foam finish the detailing on the shoudlers
- Powerfist Build. Awaiting the ABS sheets too arrive and ill be able too build it.
- Torso. 3D figures have been printed once they are recieved ill be gluing them onto the Torso.
 - Rework the shoulder mounting
 - Details on the back (Round Indent)
- Arms require some details. but will focus on these once the Powerfist has been made.
- Terminator Helmet. In progress. I now have the foam. so I will make a card stock version of my final model and once im happy ill start making it.

Then ill start sealing and priming!! Getting closer, but im not in a rish as i dont want too skip any details or ruin the final product.

Boot Up Grade

Torso Back Armour

Offline prev

• Death Company Marine
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • Fighting the Black Rage
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2017, 04:49:04 AM »
Awesome build log thus far dude!!!!

I have been meaning to build a Space Marine for some time now (years in fact).

Now I may have to attempt a Terminator...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:40:26 PM by prev »
Treat us with honour, Brothers. Not because we will bring you victory this day, but because our fate will one day be yours...

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2017, 06:48:51 AM »
Build Log Update 27: 7 Nov 17 Update - Powerfist and Torso

Powerfist Time!!

Finally my ABS sheets came in. I went straight too work cutting it all out and gluing/screwing together.
Over the last few days i started blocking in the details on the gauntlet itself and started the process of doing the cosmetic upgrades on that. Overall ive pretty much done the same as Gary Sterley's build with the rigging and also the gauntlet pattern, but all the cosmetics will really make this powerfist pop. See below a massive photo dump of progress.

Also ill include a few photos of the 3D angels that came in for the Torso.

Torso 3D Angels

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2017, 08:34:27 PM »
Awesome build log thus far dude!!!!

I have mean meaning to build a Space Marine for some time now (years in fact).

Now I may have to attempt a Terminator...

Thanks mate !! Join the terminator club !!

Offline prev

• Death Company Marine
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2017, 09:15:05 PM »
I'm thinking that I'd have to make the pieces bigger. I'm 6'2", and am unsure how the unaltered parts would fit...
Treat us with honour, Brothers. Not because we will bring you victory this day, but because our fate will one day be yours...

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2017, 03:35:21 AM »
I'm thinking that I'd have to make the pieces bigger. I'm 6'2", and am unsure how the unaltered parts would fit...

What I can do for you is measure from the inside of the boot too the top of the costume as it sits in real life. I think everything should suit your height except the torso. I feel personally that is requires to be scaled up a fraction. If you were going add a foot too the costume with stilts then I would up the entire scale. Would be an intimidating costume at that size. I'll play around with the 3d model and see what it needs to be too fit you in at 6.2ft and 7.2ft.

Offline prev

• Death Company Marine
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2017, 02:20:36 AM »

What I can do for you is measure from the inside of the boot too the top of the costume as it sits in real life. I think everything should suit your height except the torso. I feel personally that is requires to be scaled up a fraction. If you were going add a foot too the costume with stilts then I would up the entire scale. Would be an intimidating costume at that size. I'll play around with the 3d model and see what it needs to be too fit you in at 6.2ft and 7.2ft.

Outstanding. That would be awesome!!!!

Although, if I was to build a Terminator at 7'2" (or so), I honestly wouldn't know where I'd display the big bastard. It would be awesome tho...

My apologies for interrupting progress pics. Carry on good sir.

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2017, 06:10:17 AM »
Build Log Update 28: 13 Nov 17 Update - Powerfist

Been working more on the iconography and lettering on the Powerfist Gauntlet.

I did the outside edging first, then laid down inch and half squares. Next i made the Circle and edge details.
I then hand drew the I symbol and cut that out and glued it into place. Laid down the lettering and here we are now.

I still have heaps too do overall, i have big list im slowly ticking off. Should have another Full Test suit up shortly. After i affix the angels onto the Torso and do the belt on the pelvis.

Enjoy the photos =)

Edging

Squares

Iconography

Lettering

Wearing the Fist

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2017, 05:24:46 AM »
Build Log Update 29: 21 Nov 17 - Dress test with powerfist

Here are some juicy photos of the Dress Test with the Fist of Caliban on. Also you will note the angels have been glued on. Ill do a another update shortly of the other cosmetic upgrades i have done. Mainly the ring around the chest and upgrades too the right arm and rigging.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Spacehulk Deathwing Brother Barachiel Build [In Progress]

gfxgfx
gfx gfx