gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48604 Posts in 2490 Topics by 4103 Members - Latest Member: Tritarius October 20, 2017, 11:59:37 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Assault Marine Build Log + Chapter Redacted +
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Assault Marine Build Log + Chapter Redacted +  (Read 153 times)

Offline GeekOutStudio

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Assault Marine Build Log + Chapter Redacted +
« on: August 15, 2017, 10:46:30 PM »
I began work on a suit some time ago, but have now come back around to it. However, I'm decided to start over from scratch. Helping me out with some of the sizing and getting the proportions the way I want them, I picked up Armorsmith Designer.

It's a good tool to help making sure you get the size you want. With Astartes, Size is not an issue as much as porportions. Here's what I got.

The majority of the armor is JFCustom files, but I went the Pilrud's shoulders because I like the smaller interior pauldron that his has.

I went with the only jump pack available. It's not a bad template, but I wish it was a little bit better. I'm seeing a lot of free handing and editing in my future with it.

I'll post things as I get them done as well as build log videos, so be sure to stay tuned. I'd love to get some feed back too.

Offline Tiberius

• Scout
  • :
  • Warsmith
Re: Assault Marine Build Log + Chapter Redacted +
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 01:40:34 AM »
Looks good so far, but the proportions are a bit off. You're going to have quite a hard time moving your arms with such a wide torso. Are you making a helmet too?
From iron cometh strength! From strength cometh will! From will cometh faith! From faith cometh honour! From honour cometh iron!

Offline GeekOutStudio

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Assault Marine Build Log + Chapter Redacted +
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 04:29:38 PM »
I did some adjustments to the arms and chest already, but the nice thing about Armorsmith Designer is that I can try your suggestions before cutting a single piece of anything and see if it still lines up with my end goal.

I actually already have a helmet. It's a roto cast that I've already reinforced some and about ready to put electronics in. I'll be posting a build log video of it soon.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Assault Marine Build Log + Chapter Redacted +

gfxgfx
gfx gfx