gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48561 Posts in 2485 Topics by 4062 Members - Latest Member: McMesser September 21, 2017, 05:23:46 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Shot in the dark for help.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Shot in the dark for help.  (Read 133 times)

Offline Sarcasm

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Shot in the dark for help.
« on: May 18, 2017, 07:24:47 AM »
Hi all, Im new and requesting some help

Im going to be building a space marine and have all the files printed out. Im in the planning stages of what i need and sourcing all items.

Now my issue is im in need of red glospex glasses and as most know that they went bust and vanished of the face of the earth so im seeing if any one has any for sale in red or knows a good alternative

Thanks

Sarcasm

Offline vonjankmon

• Scout
  • :
Re: Shot in the dark for help.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:56:51 AM »
I'll let you know if it works in a couple of weeks as I finish my build but I am in the same spot. What I am going to try is to use a special type of plexiglass called ACRYLITE EndLighten that is supposed to transfer light really well and then put two way glass cut to the same shape behind it to reflect light outwards but maybe still provide me some vision. No clue how well it will work, I just made the file for the laser cutter to cut it to the lense shape I need.

We'll see...

I have also seen someone use a pair of sunglasses, put a fine red mesh in front of them and then shine light down to make the glowing effect, it looked alright in the video and is my fall back plan if my idea makes me blind.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Shot in the dark for help.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx