gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48536 Posts in 2480 Topics by 3981 Members - Latest Member: Mr_TopHatPenguin July 23, 2017, 02:34:45 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Imperial Guard Las-Gun
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Imperial Guard Las-Gun  (Read 333 times)

Offline Kol Badar

• Marine
  • :
Imperial Guard Las-Gun
« on: April 16, 2017, 05:35:26 AM »
It's been a while since I have posted but I thought I would share a recent build of mine.

I've been making boltguns and chainswords for marines for a while now and wanted to make gun more on a human scale.

I decided on a Guard standard rifle , so off I went on a search for some plans/template to get me started. I found one I liked and "blew" it up close to the measurements I required.

I made the main body with 3mm posterboard, this is glued together with superglue.

Grip was traced out on to posterboard and cut out then sandwiched between 2 pieces of foam. This was then rougly cut to shape and then finished with a sanding drum on a dremel.

Starting to take shape.

Barrel consists of 3 different size of Pvc pipe plus a couple of random bits to finish off.

The stock was tackled the same as the grip, posterboard sandwiched between foam and then carved to shape, card details added.

Looking like a rifle now .

With the bulk of the work done it was time to add the details. I found a skull that fit the size I needed and added it to a set of foam wings.

Buttons, switches and power clip were made out of foam and random bits found in my bitz box.

Pvc pipe was added for the sights and a colour scheme was picked.

Final thing to do was to weather this bad boy up.

I'm happy with how it turned out , so much so I'm toying with the idea of putting a guard costume together to go with the rifle. :p

Offline pablofiasco

• Scout
  • :
Re: Imperial Guard Las-Gun
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 08:23:44 AM »
I saw your finished lasgun on the book of faces,  and seeing it WIP, just, holy crap dude, awesome work!
I look forward to seeing the rest of the costume that you know you are going to do ;)

Offline Kol Badar

• Marine
  • :
Re: Imperial Guard Las-Gun
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 06:12:48 AM »
Lol !

Many thanks mate !

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Imperial Guard Las-Gun

gfxgfx
gfx gfx