gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48608 Posts in 2490 Topics by 4104 Members - Latest Member: Ralkess October 23, 2017, 07:47:17 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Mutants, Xenos, and Heretics  |  Thousand Sons Staff
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Thousand Sons Staff  (Read 471 times)

Offline Crusader91

• Initiate
  • :
  • Sword Brother
Thousand Sons Staff
« on: December 01, 2016, 09:50:40 AM »
Good morning,

While building both my Black Templar Banner Bearer and my fiancee's Ultramarine Captain, I decided that I need to also make this Thousand Sons staff, which will be roughly 12 feet tall. Saw it yesterday on the GW website with the Exalted Sorcerer's kit.

The circles on the top of the staff will have the ability to rotate. Not sure if I want to include a motor to make them do it on their own, or if I should just leave it to be spun by hand. This prop will really be nothing more than a display piece. However the blue orb inside will be cast in a clear resin with a blue dye. Hidden inside will be blue, green and purple LEDs. I'm thinking about also having light come out of the runes that run the length of the staff.

Offline Abaddon Ah Cimith

• Marine
  • :
  • Abaddon´s doppelgänger - More evil than real one..
Re: Thousand Sons Staff
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 07:48:28 PM »
If you build that - will be EPIC

Offline Crusader91

• Initiate
  • :
  • Sword Brother
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 10:53:29 AM »
I just realized I never posted the finished design. Finished this back on Dec. 3rd.

Haven't started the rapid prototyping yet. Still got a couple months worth of projects that are in the queue, which need to be finished first. But, here you go!

Offline Abaddon Ah Cimith

• Marine
  • :
  • Abaddon´s doppelgänger - More evil than real one..
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 01:17:05 PM »
Can´t wait to see it finished - I see the picture and I only can imagine it

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Mutants, Xenos, and Heretics  |  Thousand Sons Staff

gfxgfx
gfx gfx