gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48492 Posts in 2465 Topics by 3776 Members - Latest Member: DragonElf March 27, 2017, 04:36:17 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Mutants, Xenos, and Heretics  |  Night Lords WIP
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Night Lords WIP  (Read 471 times)

Offline Flavoredpickle

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Night Lords WIP
« on: December 18, 2016, 08:35:31 PM »
Hey there!

So i was really torn about which chaos space marine chapter to do, Initially my buddy recommended the World eaters, which I thought looks really derpy. Then i wanted to do iron warriors , but then realized they were basically a walking bobcat, so intrest in that dropped off.

Finally I settled on the night lords, as i could be a spacemarine AND batman at the same time, which is pretty bad-ass.

Anyways, I'm designing the armor based off of a concept sheet I found on deviant art, I'll post the attachment, as I cant post external links.
The original author is Slaine69 on DA, i recommend checking him out!

The armor will  be based on my favorite elements of the various designs, and will incorporate some elements from other space marine chapters, though those will be minor additions for areas of the armor I dislike.

The armor files are modified space marine armor pep files posted by kaiwanxiao.

I will be releasing the pep files AFTER the project is done, or at least reaches more progress. As this is my first experience with pepakura the files and models are a little messier than nescisary, and will need some modification before i feel confident releasing them to the public

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
Re: Night Lords WIP
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 08:31:46 AM »
Ave Dominus Nox!

Offline Abaddon Ah Cimith

• Marine
  • :
  • Abaddon´s doppelgänger - More evil than real one..
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 07:46:07 PM »
 If you aren´t logged you can´t see the attachments in the posts - I can swear you by the eyes of Nigh Hunter that the first image that came to my mind reading your post was that image the sheet in that all elements of the Night Lord are depicted............

And I recommend Slaine69 my fav one is Word Bearer Terminator picture - some drawings are amazing so far...

Nice helmet

Offline Flavoredpickle

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 03:26:04 PM »
Thank ya kindly. I didn't know that attachments wouldn't show up if you weren't logged on. The next batch of images shall be through photobucket or something similar.

Also, i was pretty drunk during most of the construction of the helmet, so its a little... lopsided. Not 100% sure how to fix it, but honestly as my first pepakura creation, I'm fairly happy with it.

I should have the helmet finished in about a day or so :)

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 07:38:01 AM »
Don´t worry for that, looks like is something frorum and membership related

In the other hand, don´t worry about the helmet you can repeat it if you aren´t in a hurry for finish the cosplay

Ave Dominus Nox!

Offline Flavoredpickle

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 09:35:56 PM »
So, I have decided to just start over, as it had gotten to the point where pieces weren't matching up. so not wasting any time on dat

anyways, I've learned allot about the pep process, the first that doing it whilst drunk was not a good choice>
I've picked up some additional tools to ensure my cuts and scores are more accurate.
A different adhesive, as the one I was using was deforming and warping the cardsock.

In addition, I've removed unnecessary details from the 3-d model, and for the pep file I've made fewer, larger pieces.

So yep, I'll post progress as soon as i make some headway. :)

AVE DOMINUS NOX!

Offline Flavoredpickle

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 05:31:55 PM »
AYYYY DOuble post!

Any ways, the helmet is finiushed. The 3-d model and pepukara files are tidied up a bit better.

Here is some pictures of the finished helmet  :)

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 02:54:25 PM »
Those wings I just fall in love they are amazing

Ave Dominus Nox!

Offline Flavoredpickle

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 11:39:09 PM »
Thank you kindly. The wings were allot of fun to do, but a bit of a pain to get the really small tips to fit right. Thank goodness i was using super glue this time around or they would have been super Wonky.

Any ways, I've finished the chest piece. For modifications its about the same as a space marine. The collar was adjusted with a small design, and I added spiked for flavour in the back, as well as adding a little design/ pattern to the bottom rim of it.

Had allot of fun with this one.

Our Standing fan happened to be basically the perfect height and size to function as a stand for this guy.

Chaos Fashion show!

And here are the Pep files to just show of the changes a tad better than the pictures did(never mind the shoddy camera work )

Next up, I'll be doing the shoulders because I'm super excited to do the designs for them. After that I'll come back and do the midsection, and the codpeice/diaper

Offline Tiberius

• Initiate
  • :
  • Warsmith
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 09:41:11 AM »
The helmet and wings look beautiful man, great work!
From iron cometh strength! From strength cometh will! From will cometh faith! From faith cometh honour! From honour cometh iron!

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2017, 05:45:20 AM »
This costume is amazing, somebody will have a flying party in Night Lords style!

You will add some flyed skin to armor?

Offline Flavoredpickle

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2017, 07:33:44 PM »
Thanks! The wingd are the best part so far!

And fgunny you should mention that, i was planning on doing the chaos scripture on flayed skin nailed to the armor in places instead of using cloth. We shall see how it turns out when the time comes

And a bit of a mini-update, I finished the 3-D work for both shoulder pauldron designs ill be doing. Just have to unfold them, then work will begin probably Saturday on assembly.
For the face Shoulder, I'm leaving out teeth and all that jazz, as it wouldn't be very sturdy made from paper. so it'll be either foam, or clay depending on what i find works for me.

Offline Flavoredpickle

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 11:17:54 PM »
Bit of an update, I finished the First shoulder pauldron :)

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 04:34:30 AM »
Is amazing, and I´m amazed on how you can use the computer for that - In my case I´m a dumb, with that software and how use it and computers in general - thanks to Gods that I know how use a forum.....

In my case if I want to do something similar I must do by hand..........

Keep the good work!

Offline Flavoredpickle

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 09:35:02 PM »
So finished both of the Shoulder pads now,

Uncle for scale

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Mutants, Xenos, and Heretics  |  Night Lords WIP

gfxgfx
gfx gfx