gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48493 Posts in 2465 Topics by 3777 Members - Latest Member: petpet666 March 28, 2017, 06:05:53 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  New to cosplay- Armageddon Steel Legion cosplay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New to cosplay- Armageddon Steel Legion cosplay  (Read 259 times)

Offline GuardsmenEvan

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
New to cosplay- Armageddon Steel Legion cosplay
« on: December 01, 2016, 08:35:15 PM »
Hello everyone, first off glory to the Emperor of Mankind! Second I am starting to work on a Armageddon Steel Legionnaire costume, and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on what gas masks to base it off? Like a real world one I can start with and add details to. Also kneed high boots that I often see in the depictions of them, anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, the Emperor Protects!

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
Re: New to cosplay- Armageddon Steel Legion cosplay
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 08:39:02 AM »
For boots, you may want to look at German riding boots. They are very narrow in the foot and can in incredibly uncomfortable if worn while walking for too long. An alternate would be to make boot covers and then cover them in patent leather.

Offline brat_Klont

• Initiate
  • :
  • Vostroyan Firstborn
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 03:10:09 AM »
There were no gas masks like this, not even during I WW. I'd suggest building one from EVA foam or sewing it from leather. The shape is quite simple, so it shouldn't be difficult at all.
I'd suggest starting with sewing the coat so that you will have first layer of your costume. You can add pouches and the rest later.

Offline Anubian

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 03:32:37 PM »
Extremely late to the game here, but to me that looks more similar to a WW2 bomber group mask used for air at high altitude.

It would need some modification to fit and look correct with a helmet, but shouldn't be too hard from what I see.

Also extremely new to the forums, so I hope that I posted that picture correctly. Take care!

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  New to cosplay- Armageddon Steel Legion cosplay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx