gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48544 Posts in 2482 Topics by 4020 Members - Latest Member: Towarzysz August 23, 2017, 02:19:51 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Imperial guardsmen's body armor?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Imperial guardsmen's body armor?  (Read 461 times)

Offline kajiraksa

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Imperial guardsmen's body armor?
« on: December 19, 2016, 09:45:52 PM »
Hi guys so i recently fell in love with imperial guardsmen's costume so i decided to make one, but first of all i still curious about the base material of making the armor does any of you can give me some recommendations? I'm not making it as a project but i will send the pic when it's done thanks.

P.S. since it's my first cosplay i would like to hear your advises of making a costume.

Sent from my 2014811 using Tapatalk

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
Re: Imperial guardsmen's body armor?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 08:46:00 AM »
Have you considered foam?

Offline EmeraldDragoon

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Imperial guardsmen's body armor?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 10:18:23 PM »
EVA foam (puzzle piece gym mats) are a good compromise of lack of cost with versatility and approachability. 'Evil Ted' on Youtube has tutorials that formed the basis of me doing my SM Scout and bits for my Space Marine. I am 100% on board with using EVA foam for my guardsman, at least most of it (3D printing some of the bits).

The big things you'll need for EVA foam are the following:

The foam: The easiest way to get it is in 24 x 24 " packs from wholesalers usually around $25 US for a pack of 4, though I found a bunch for $10 at Costco (American wholesaler)
Good Sharp knives with breakable blades. EVA foam dulls blades super quick so you want something you can either sharpen up equickly, or break off for a new edge
Heat gun: no a hair dryer won't work. Yes I know they get hot too.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Imperial guardsmen's body armor?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx