gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48562 Posts in 2485 Topics by 4066 Members - Latest Member: karantir September 26, 2017, 08:58:08 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  First Time Cosplayer - Need Help With a Cadian Shock Trooper Uniform!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: First Time Cosplayer - Need Help With a Cadian Shock Trooper Uniform!  (Read 638 times)

Offline ImperaAquilae

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Hey all!

Like the title says I've never, ever cosplayed before but after being to Comic Con this week I decided, nope, I know what I'm doing for next year. I really want to cosplay a Cadian Shock Trooper, and have already compiled some ideas as to how to go about that.

The vast majority of the outfit I can procure from army surplus stores, simple enough - BDUs, boots, ammo packs, a holster for an airsoft beretta I'll use as a sidearm, the helmet and goggles...all that sort of thing.

That's the easy part.

What has me absolutely stumped is both the armour - chest/back, shoulder guards and shinguards - and the lasgun, above all. I've been googling around for a while now and I keep seeing cosplayers say "Oh a friend knocked me up this lasgun/armour set" and I'm like, WHAT? xD Who has access to this sort of stuff? Hahaha I have no idea where to even begin trying to work out where to manufacture a lasgun and armour, so, I'd sort of really appreciate any help you guys could throw my way about how to go about this.

I have a full year to compile the uniform - I'll need it, what with army surplus gear likely costing an arm and a leg, but again that's just a matter of having cash on hand. I need help with the armour and lasgun and would really appreciate any advice or pointers people could give me :)

Thanks!

Offline secutor

• Initiate
  • :
Re: First Time Cosplayer - Need Help With a Cadian Shock Trooper Uniform!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 02:50:20 AM »
It depends on how crafty you are.. you could make the armor. I would check on ebay for used motorcross or hockey gear.
A lot of that stuff can be easily modified and painted to get the look you want without spiraling costs.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  First Time Cosplayer - Need Help With a Cadian Shock Trooper Uniform!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx