gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48562 Posts in 2485 Topics by 4066 Members - Latest Member: karantir September 26, 2017, 08:55:24 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  General Costuming  |  Question about Mod Podge/Plasti Dip coating on armor
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Question about Mod Podge/Plasti Dip coating on armor  (Read 506 times)

Offline vonjankmon

• Scout
  • :
Question about Mod Podge/Plasti Dip coating on armor
« on: May 20, 2016, 08:10:52 AM »
At the point in my build where I am filling imperfections and applying coats of mod podge and plasti dip. Right now I'm doing 2-3 coats of Mod podge followed by 2 coats of plasti dip, which seems to give good coverage. However I was wondering whether people apply paint right over the plasti dip or add a final layer of mod podge before painting. Trying to figure out which will hold the paint better in the long term and I was wondering what peoples experiences with this have been.

Thanks,

Offline FortMiller

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Question about Mod Podge/Plasti Dip coating on armor
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 03:33:54 PM »
I dont see any reason to put another coat on top of your plasti dip if you've achieved the level of perfection your going for. Id go with a automotive primer that fills in small imperfections and then your ready for paint.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  General Costuming  |  Question about Mod Podge/Plasti Dip coating on armor

gfxgfx
gfx gfx