gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48544 Posts in 2482 Topics by 4020 Members - Latest Member: Towarzysz August 23, 2017, 02:19:40 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Von's Dark Angel Space Marine Build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Von's Dark Angel Space Marine Build  (Read 1751 times)

Offline vonjankmon

• Scout
  • :
Re: Von's Dark Angel Space Marine Build
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 11:16:05 AM »
Work is still continuing. Hopefully I am on track to have everything done by AwesomeCon in June, really going to depend on the plasma pistol and power sword I think. Below is the chest with backpack attached, glowing fan to hopefully keep me somewhat cool in the armor. I may put more fans in the front on the waist where I have the mesh after I get speakers in place for sound affects if there is still room. Waist is all done and I made a tome, censer, and grenades to hang from the belt.

Arms are just about done, just need to wrap the flexible duct work for the elbow joints and install those. Going to finish cutting out the edges for the shoulder pads, get those attached, and get some bondo down to smooth them all out this week. After the shoulder pads, the helmet is the last piece of armor left and that is very close to finished, one last quick coat of bondo and then it is on to paint, lenses, and fan.

Offline prev

• Death Company Marine
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • Fighting the Black Rage
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 04:46:41 AM »
I like all the little details dude. Good job!!!!!!
Treat us with honour, Brothers. Not because we will bring you victory this day, but because our fate will one day be yours...

Offline vonjankmon

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 08:48:55 AM »
Coming up on the end! 9 days until AwesomeCon and I am so close to finished now. I have to finish the Helmet, which is just a bit of decoration and the lenses at this point and then the Plasma Pistol (almost done) and sword.

Shoulder pads are all done (I need to do the paint chipping on the right now, realized I had forgotten to do it right after I finished sealing it)

Right Shoulder Pad:

Left Shoulder Pad:

Offline Mayzee25

• Initiate
  • :
  • Galaxy in Flames...
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 12:46:29 PM »
Looks awesome! - I really like the skulls on the jump pack!

Offline vonjankmon

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2017, 01:48:47 PM »
Well went to AwesomeCon in DC with my suit this weekend. I actually fell over in it going to craftsmanship judging and through a miracle or over engineering the armor was not damaged to badly. Took 3 people to get me back up though. Only one bad picture right now, once I get the damage fixed up I'll do a proper photo shoot with the whole armor, helmet and all. I won a judges award at the cosplay contest though, so everything ended well despite my really sore shoulders from wearing it for 4 hours. Need to add some more padding into the armor where it sits on my shoulders.

Offline vonjankmon

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2017, 07:45:13 AM »
Finally found some photos from the Cosplay Contest at AwesomeCon.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Von's Dark Angel Space Marine Build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx