gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48494 Posts in 2474 Topics by 3888 Members - Latest Member: Jay_Cashman May 27, 2017, 02:06:44 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  General Costuming  |  How to make raised shoes?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How to make raised shoes?  (Read 488 times)

Offline Kapn Krump

• Initiate
  • :
How to make raised shoes?
« on: May 02, 2016, 12:12:58 PM »
I have been dreaming about making a mega armor suit for some time now, and I think I'd really like to start. 

I have a pretty good idea of how I'm going to make it, but the one thing that is tripping me up a bit is how to make raised shoes. 

I'm fairly tall, but I think I'll want to make the mega armor taller than I am, so I'm looking to raise my height by ~6" to a foot. 

What's a good idea to make raised shoes?  I'm thinking just boots strapped to some stacked wooden 2x4s, but I fear that may be a little heavy.  Then again, I want it to be sturdy, too. 

Anyways, what's a sturdy but relatively light way to make a raised sole on shoes?  Any suggestions?  I was looking at drywall stilts for a while, but they are too tall and expensive. 

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
Re: How to make raised shoes?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 09:12:41 AM »
Do a search on "stilt" above, I found a bunch of threads that discuss the issues and how they were fixed..

Home Help Search Admin Moderate <~ That search button.

Offline doomfist

• Tech Priest of the Cheapus Mechanicus
  • Honor Guard
  • :
    • deviantart.com/
Re: How to make raised shoes?
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 01:03:17 PM »
I looked back in the files of my old Lord Inquisitor build and all I could find was these three pics.  Basically it's two wood sheets sandwiched between layers of EVA and regular stiff foam.  Then I enclosed it in an eva foam 'ring' and built on top of it.  Hope that helps. 
Suffer not the glue gun to burn

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  General Costuming  |  How to make raised shoes?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx