gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48493 Posts in 2465 Topics by 3777 Members - Latest Member: petpet666 March 28, 2017, 06:06:47 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Black Templar Chaplain build-WIP
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Black Templar Chaplain build-WIP  (Read 1831 times)

Offline chalagi1

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Black Templar Chaplain build-WIP
« on: February 08, 2016, 04:52:46 AM »
So I started this build back in November and wanted to do a regular BT. I kept adding and going more grymm so eventually changed to a Chaplain. I had no idea what I was doing when I started, which you can kinda see in the first pics. I wish I knew about this forum and Pepakura so needless to say, this build has been 100% scratch built.

What I have left to do:
Right leg
Breech cloth and cape for Jump Pack
Storm Bolter
Crozius
Eventually lights and a vox.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 01:59:22 AM by chalagi1 »

Offline chalagi1

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Black Templar Chaplain built-WIP
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 04:57:14 AM »
A little too impatient to upload one at a time so I'll just skip ahead to my current state and post those pics.

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 08:49:18 AM »
Do you have any in process pictures, what materials you used, what glue/fastening? 

Tremendous work, particularly without using pep files!

Offline chalagi1

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 09:59:48 AM »
I do but was too lazy to upload 75+ pics using the forum. I will try later on tonight when I get home.
As for materials, I used the standard EVA foam mats, mostly the 2'x2' ones off Amazon. Trying to find a better source with larger sizes.
Glue: just hot glue really. I did find several versions that remarked on "strength" so I chose the "stronger" ones.
Sealant: PlastiDip and Rustoleum undercarriage coating. The Rustoleum was much cheaper but I like the PlastiDip better.
Other than the little skulls (Halloween beads off Amazon), the skull face mask (latex mask off Amazon), and the medium skulls (1/2 scale skulls also off Amazon), everything else was cut out of the foam mats and shaped with a Dremel.
Paint: Acrylic paint, some rub-n-buff, silver and gold sharpies, and some clear coat acrylic to add more luster.

Almost forgot: the purity seals are the same skull beads, placed in a glob of hot glue, then the edges built up with more hot glue, plastidip coat, then paint. The streamers are printed on fabric sheets for ink jet printers, then aged with a coffee pad. I have about 40 US cents in each seal.

Offline FatherDamien

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 05:22:30 PM »
Amazing work. I envy your dremel skills.

Offline chalagi1

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: Black Templar Chaplain build-WIP
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 01:47:31 AM »
Here is how I did the purity seals.
Step 1: cut the back end off a skull bead so it lays flat.
Step 2: big glob of hot glue on a fairly slick surface. I used an old piece of laminate flooring. Place skull in middle.
Step 3: build up the sides and be a bit messy, just a personal preference on the look.
Step 4: spray a coat of PlastiDip
Step 5: paint a coat of red, so a little bit of the black shows through, especially around the edges.
Step 6: spray a coat of clear acrylic
Step 7: print the streamers on ink jet printable fabric
Step 8: burn edges so it won't fray and it adds a cool look to it. Fold fabric over where you want a hole and burn. Keep in mind, it is easy to have the whole thing explode in flames so do small sections at a time and blow out completely. Stinks up the workshop and you may want to choose a room without a smoke detector.
Step 9: age with coffee pad. I used the left over Senseo pad after my cup of coffee.
Step 10: affix to armor with hot glue, then hot glue the seal.
There are prettier ways to do it using molds and such but this was the easiest way for me and only cost me about 40 US cents per complete seal.

Offline chalagi1

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 11:50:31 AM »
Here are some update pics. Just have to finish the storm bolter, the crozius, the breech cloth and the cape and then it's done.

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 02:05:26 AM »
Looking good. I get the feeling you are going to draw a lot of attention at events.

Offline chalagi1

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 04:39:25 AM »
I do enjoy that too. I start next on a Battle Sister for my wife and my daughter will be in a Saint Celestine. WHen we get back to the States, I'll start helping my brother's with theirs. My youngest brother is doing a Space Wolf and my other brother will be doing a Chaos Marine.

Offline FatherDamien

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 02:33:55 PM »
Amazing. What scale is this?

Offline chalagi1

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 03:21:37 AM »
I'm not sure to be honest. I'm guessing that is a Pepakura reference. I free handed the whole suit so all I can say is that I'm 6'4" normally, with the suit, I'm 7'6" to the top of the helm, 8'6" to the top of the altar on the Jump Pack.

Offline chalagi1

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 03:29:07 AM »
Here are a few progress pics for the Storm Bolter and the Crozius. Still a lot to do but happy with the progress.

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 08:33:34 AM »
Tremendous, just spectacular.

Offline chalagi1

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 02:48:34 PM »
99% finished

Offline FatherDamien

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2016, 04:42:36 PM »
Friggen fantabulous. Love it.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Black Templar Chaplain build-WIP

gfxgfx
gfx gfx