gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48494 Posts in 2465 Topics by 3780 Members - Latest Member: moloch March 29, 2017, 01:13:05 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  Storing Costumes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Storing Costumes  (Read 773 times)

Offline glig

• Scout
  • :
Storing Costumes
« on: January 19, 2016, 12:35:54 AM »
I see lots of discussions on how to build the costumes, but I have yet to see one regarding the storage of them. How does everyone store their costume(s) between wears especially when travelling to/from events?

For my warlock, the robe is hanging in my closet and the armor/accessories are stored in a filing box for long term storage. When I go to conventions, I place my robe in a garment bag and use a simple tote bag for the armor/accessories. This works for my current list of cons as I live nearby, but I may want to eventually travel to other cons, so I am on the lookout for a good storage box that I can place padding and use instead.

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
Re: Storing Costumes
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 12:37:51 PM »
I use bins. One is labelled WARHAMMER and it holds all of the accessories - bolter, rosettes, sword, greaves, monocle, collar, liber, respirator, belts, bra, seals  and suchlike. Another bin is labelled CORSETS. Another bin is labelled STEAMPUNK and there is some prop crossover. jewelry has it's own storage. Boots live in the closet with the rest of my shoes. The cloak and robe hang in the attic nearby. I am fortunate that Finnlock stores and transports my Sister/Hospitaller armor, because it's too bulky to pack for a flight.

When it comes to packing, I keep my props and accessories as small as possible so that they can be packed in a suitcase. This makes for some frustrating costume decisions, but I would rather not make and wear a huge costume if it meant that my wings/armor/staff/weapon etc would be broken by TSA.

It's also one of the reasons I don't have a Speeeeessss Mahhhreeeeen of my very own (Night Lords, thank you). Storage would eat up most of the remaining space in the attic, and transport would mean only wearing it to local cons, none of which are particularly familiar with the 40k universe.

Offline Gunhead

• Battle Brother
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 03:03:37 PM »
Store? Store?! I display with pride! Not in the front of the house where anyone can see, mind you, but still with pride!
Exodus 22:18 - strigam ne patiaris vivere

Exterminatus means not having to say you're sorry.

Offline CLOTHAR

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 11:56:32 PM »
My Raven Guard has gotten pretty beat, and is now stored under the stairs.  It is probably full of mice and spiders.  But I keep the helmet on display upstairs.  When I get a bigger home, or shop, I would love to build a display frame for the whole suit.

Offline Templar Andy

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 05:01:03 PM »
I had to buy a whole new shed to store mine :)

Offline rero_design

• Marine
  • :
  • Deathco.
    • Deathco Build
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 03:40:00 PM »
Mine chest is screwed to the wall, so I can take everything under it away if needed.
It stays it in my living room garding my sleeping room.
I put all my weapons on the wall around the armour.

For the build process I used big shelves (60cmx200cm) under my ceiling to store the parts.

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk

Offline goat64804

• Initiate
  • :
  • Sanguinary Guard
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 10:39:44 AM »
Currently it sits pulled in the corner of the room. However I am on the hunt for a full size mannequin to display it with  pride in my store.
Even in Death, I serve!

Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  Storing Costumes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx