gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48494 Posts in 2465 Topics by 3780 Members - Latest Member: moloch March 29, 2017, 01:03:11 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  General Costuming  |  Silly Question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Silly Question  (Read 620 times)

Offline Khestral

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Silly Question
« on: December 01, 2015, 11:08:12 PM »
How do you scale this to fit yourself and make it look good? I am just starting out and I don't want to make 15 versions cause I have the scaling all goofy :D

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
Re: Silly Question
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 09:23:16 AM »

Offline Khestral

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 04:14:44 PM »
Ok that make sense and thanks for the help :D I also was wondering how do you figure out the dimensions if your a little bigger dude :D Like i know my head is a little large (lol), is there a method to keep the scale accurate from that angle? I was thinking of dropping my silhouette into Sketch Up maybe and overlay it?

Offline Khestral

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 02:55:46 PM »
Ok that make sense and thanks for the help :D I also was wondering how do you figure out the dimensions if your a little bigger dude :D Like i know my head is a little large (lol), is there a method to keep the scale accurate from that angle? I was thinking of dropping my silhouette into Sketch Up maybe and overlay it?

So I looked there and it makes sense but will that also scale for my body? I am a little bigger then the average bear :D Also the conversion charts are not able to be downloaded :(

Offline PhoenixRevival

• Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 12:59:02 PM »
Unfortunately Khestral it may be something you have to play with. To address your question I'm fairly sure that's where his "Variance" step comes into play.

In the end though trial and error is sometimes the best teacher. Go thru the scaling tut, build out the piece you're most concerned with, and that will tell you for sure. Could it be a waste of materials? Sure, but it's better to sac some materials and gain some concrete knowledge on how to scale for your body.

Hope this helps!

Beware the x-acto blade, the glue burn, the paint fume.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  General Costuming  |  Silly Question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx