gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48494 Posts in 2474 Topics by 3888 Members - Latest Member: Jay_Cashman May 27, 2017, 02:05:39 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  General Costuming  |  help a rookie?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: help a rookie?  (Read 540 times)

Offline conzilla500

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
help a rookie?
« on: November 22, 2015, 06:16:23 PM »
hey all
i'm fairly new to this forum and the world of war hammer 40k

in my small town of Grafton I've been commissioned by the local hobby/comic/magic the gathering shop to make and wear some cosplay space marine armour to advertise for his shop
im very experienced in the Cosplay field but I haven't done any projects requiring vac sealing stilts or any other mind boggling features that seem almost alien to me

so far in all my research im thinking of doing a pepeakura model with fiberglass and bondo (heavy but simple) and see how it turns out the shop owner wants it to be a Halloween advertisement in 2016 so time isn't really of the essence

I was hoping some of you veteran cosplayers and propmakers could give me some pointers or advice

cheers -conzilla

Offline Voodoo

• Marine
  • :
Re: help a rookie?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 08:23:22 AM »
First off, welcome! It’s easy to think time isn’t of the essence but if it’s your first build I’d look into some of the foam templates out there as it’ll go faster and be more forgiving in the end. As a word of advice, get all of your armor built then do the detailing, it’s easy to get lost in the details on one piece of armor only to find you’re running out of time on the remainder of the build.

Offline FortMiller

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 03:32:00 PM »
I agree with voodoo. While paper and fiberglass will offer you higher levels of detail the foam builds are still very impressive, not to mention easier in scope of time and money.

Offline Lupus Irae

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 11:22:57 AM »
what state?
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Ernest Hemingway

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  General Costuming  |  help a rookie?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx