gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48491 Posts in 2474 Topics by 3886 Members - Latest Member: NemesisWolf1969 May 26, 2017, 10:47:49 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  White Scars Build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: White Scars Build  (Read 5575 times)

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: White Scars Build
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2016, 05:28:35 AM »
i'm pretty happy with how the upper chest is going.  It has let me see that I might need to shave a little off the bottom of the helmet.  But not much if I align it correctly.  I also think that I might have to take in the lower part of the chest slightly.  But I will wait until I have done the waist and hip sections before I make that call.

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2016, 12:58:45 AM »
Chesteriffic!

Shifted the collar as it didn't seem right.  Also did a test fitting.  Came together quite well.

And the last picture is after some light sanding.  I think the seams will come up (or be hidden) really well by the time I'm done.

Next, I will have to do the waist and groin.

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2016, 10:54:59 PM »
Did the waist today.  Started on the belt/groin.

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2016, 03:03:41 AM »
Groin of +10 vs Chaos.

Finished the groin section today.  Happy with how it is going.

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2016, 06:20:15 PM »
Abdomen all Hope!

Continued working on the torso. After some consultations I have glued the waist to the groin. Things didn't line up well so I added the base belt and then some filler. I think I will add some extra to the top of the waist to ensure when I move I don't have the chest slip off. I'm reasonably happy with the result. I have also adjusted the butt and added some reinforcement with the edge bits from the squares.
I will likely add some more trim to the leg holes.  It will stiffen it up and look better.  Possibly a small triangle around the butt section on the sides.

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2016, 11:07:58 PM »
Chest Wings: No matter what Jessica says, they are not made with real Chests.

I printed out the Chest Wing file in Pilerud's file pack.  I then coloured it in a little, made it slightly bigger, traced it out, hand drew a White Scars emblem etc.  I then carved out wings with a blade and did some sanding on one of them.  It's turning out ok.  I think the wings might need to be a little bigger (i had to do a second lightning bolt), but I can't tell until after I have reached and made the shoulders.

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2016, 11:14:51 PM »
Torso of Torosestiny.

Whilst doing some house painting with White Paint, I did some undercoating of the torso.  This allowed me to spot some flaws that need to be patched.  I added some more foam to the collar to fill it out and to cover some flaws.

I have decided to go for a round belt buckle.  Hopefully I can sculpt something to go on it.  Not sure what I am going to use for that however.  I can't seem to find my supersculpy and I don't think that doing it straight into foam will get the result I want.

I have also added some edge strengthening.  I'll be adding some more to the chest and groin/waist soonish.

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2016, 03:51:18 AM »
Update photo session.

Not overly happy with the lack of symmetry.  O well.  I can live with it.  I'll have to think on this for next time.

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2016, 05:05:46 AM »
Power Dao! - Cardboard Mockup.

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2016, 01:22:39 AM »
A New Shoulder.

It is a period of cosplay.  A lack of shoulders has allowed rebels to win their first victory.

They seem to be about the right size.  I'm happy with that.

Offline CLOTHAR

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2016, 09:11:00 PM »
You are making good progress! I love your power sword.  The design is original, and new.  I look forward to the finished product.

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2016, 05:50:21 AM »
Cheers.  I'm trying to decide how I am going to make it.  I am thinking a first draft might be wood with the glow edge.  But what I think I really want to make it from is formed, cloudy perspex that I might paint with stained glass window paints. 

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2016, 10:19:24 PM »
Second Shoulder underway.

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2016, 11:34:44 PM »
Torn between two Shoulders... Feeling like a Space Marine.

Added some support foam to the edge. I have pick up some thin ply to make the actual edge. And some more foam for the "trim" decoration. I'm happy with the size of them.

Now I need to add some of the internal foam (I have some of the camping foam with the holes in it that will do for bulking it up).  I'll also have to print out the arm templates soon.

Offline drakmar

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2016, 04:28:35 AM »
White Scars Build - Progress Shot.  Shoulders are about the right size.  Will have to scour the threads to see the various methods of attachment.  I also have worked out that I will need some fans on the inside.  It's cool now, inside, and at night.  Summer will destroy me.  And I have to get some rigging on the inside of the torso soon to make this easier.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  White Scars Build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx