gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48561 Posts in 2485 Topics by 4063 Members - Latest Member: Porthanz September 24, 2017, 08:00:47 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  blood sweat and tears
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: blood sweat and tears  (Read 682 times)

Offline goat64804

• Initiate
  • :
  • Sanguinary Guard
blood sweat and tears
« on: September 12, 2015, 04:17:22 PM »
So last night I was cutting some foam for a reliquary on my shoulder pad and slipped. the resulting laceration on my thumb severed my dorsal tendon completely.  I had to go into the hospital this morning and have surgery to reattach the tendons. the good news is I should regain full use of my hand once the cast comes off in 6 weeks. the bad news is there is no possible way for me to finish by Halloween. boo.
My question to all of you guys is where are your scars? show em off everbody. I've seen some amazing costumes on here and I know that you guys have some war stories of your own.
Even in Death, I serve!

Offline Haggard13

• Marine
  • :
  • Getting there one foam tile at a time!
Re: blood sweat and tears
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 05:55:42 AM »
Wow man thats a cut and a half, never had anything like that while building my suit, only the usual glue burns and dropping my scalpel into my leg whilst cutting templates. Unfortunately I don't have any war stories myself that are build related although i have had a few serious injuries at work ;D, Hope that heals up nicely and you can get up and running again
Drive me closer, I wish to hit them with my sword......
My Mk7 Build - http://obscuruscrusade.com/forum/index.php?topic=1912.0
My Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/HaggardsPropsandCosplay

Offline cilegray

• Marine
  • :
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 12:39:23 AM »
This is probably my worst work related injury, happened while building my power fist maybe 2-3 weeks ago. The skil saw came at me, I swear. I'm lucky it wasn't worse

Offline Gunhead

• Battle Brother
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 02:34:59 PM »
My worst accident making stuff was like the above. It was on a saw also, where I got a little sloppy and the pad of my finger grazed a powered blade. Didn't take a picture (felt fairly ashamed; my son still noticed) although it was down-tools for a few to get the trickle of blood stopped. Good wake-up call. Haven't cut myself since.
Exodus 22:18 - strigam ne patiaris vivere

Exterminatus means not having to say you're sorry.

Offline FatherDamien

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 05:53:36 PM »
Couple of cuts but nothing to serious so far. *Knock on wood.*

I did however try to rip my entire thumbnail off installing more lighting in my old garage. I was installing the extra light so I had better lighting to paint my armor in. Does that count? If I can find the pic I'll post it later.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 02:45:56 PM by FatherDamien »

Offline goat64804

• Initiate
  • :
  • Sanguinary Guard
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 07:39:57 PM »
I think that counts.
Even in Death, I serve!

Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  blood sweat and tears

gfxgfx
gfx gfx