gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49347 Posts in 2560 Topics by 5377 Members - Latest Member: Ferro Ignas December 14, 2019, 10:42:25 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  DragonCon 2016 -- Space Marines!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DragonCon 2016 -- Space Marines!  (Read 1088 times)

Offline kaiwanxiao

• 3d Coy Master, Dark Angels
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
    • http://www.google.com
DragonCon 2016 -- Space Marines!
« on: September 09, 2015, 10:10:43 AM »
ALCON:

Next year, I would like to see a lot more Space Marines in the parade. To that end, I made a proposal (link) on the Facebook group (group link) regarding turning my Space Marine into a Deathwatch Kill Team member, the implication being: who else would be willing to repaint and be on a Kill Team?

Offline kaiwanxiao

• Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
Re: DragonCon 2016 -- Space Marines!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 04:38:43 PM »
Also -- any non-Space Marine cosplayers are STILL WELCOME TO MARCH. This is just a little idea I have cooked up to supplement the Obscurus Crusade parade group.

WE NEED XENOS, TOO!!!

Offline glig

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 10:39:49 AM »
Unfortunately, this xeno is not going to Dragoncon 2016, but I'll be back in 2017!

Don't forget about the parade float idea for the space marines to ride on! Might help increase the numbers!

Offline Ragresen

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 03:44:14 PM »
The guys who do space marines will know best, but my experience with trooper armor in a past parade at dragon con was not fun. The heat and humidity in Atlanta that time of the year can be miserable. Guys who do it please consider a way to stay cool. I would hate to see anyone need medical attention from dehydration issues.

Personally I have yet to do my space marine armor and sadly the SOB armor has been put on hold till I figure things out better as I am not happy with the grieves Orr the torso armor I made attempts with.
Ragresen

Offline kaiwanxiao

• Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 07:40:18 PM »
This was my third year marching in the parade. This was the third year I crossed the finish line with zero issues.

Offline secutor

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 05:12:17 PM »
Also -- any non-Space Marine cosplayers are STILL WELCOME TO MARCH. This is just a little idea I have cooked up to supplement the Obscurus Crusade parade group.

WE NEED XENOS, TOO!!!

I went this year in a Khorne Cultist armor build,it was a lot of fun so I am going to do the same faction next year.
I only saw two people from 40k, so I definitely don't want to miss everyone next year.

Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  DragonCon 2016 -- Space Marines!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx