gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49502 Posts in 2563 Topics by 5619 Members - Latest Member: CRAZY_MONO May 31, 2020, 01:51:18 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Black Templars Crusader (Emperor's Champion)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Black Templars Crusader (Emperor's Champion)  (Read 15972 times)

Offline ArcticFox

• Scout
  • :
  • Tech Adept Cestus 5
    • The Grey Council
Black Templars Crusader (Emperor's Champion)
« on: August 18, 2015, 02:54:47 PM »
So a friend of mine has an awesome Crimson Fists suit and I want to jump in.  He's been assisting me in getting started and so far I have the helmet put together at the foam-glued-together stage.  I'll post some pictures as I go.

Going for full size, so it'll include stilts, and I'm looking to do a bolt pistol and chainsword.  Maybe a future upgrade will be a jump pack...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:30:39 AM by ArcticFox »
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

Offline ArcticFox

• Scout
  • :
  • Tech Adept Cestus 5
    • The Grey Council
Re: Black Templars Crusader
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 01:22:16 PM »
So I assembled a regular helmet, but I'm not sure that's the style I want to go with, so I'm also doing a Crusader pattern helmet as well and I'll finish whichever I like better.  Here's the one I have so far:

"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

Offline Jarigorri

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 11:55:29 AM »
Nice! More Black Templars!!

Wellcome  ;D

Offline ArcticFox

• Scout
  • :
  • Tech Adept Cestus 5
    • The Grey Council
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 08:54:23 PM »
Thanks!

I also made this helmet just to get a look... now I have to decide which one to develop further...

—Brigham Young

Offline ArcticFox

• Scout
  • :
  • Tech Adept Cestus 5
    • The Grey Council
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 01:53:34 PM »
Alright so I've decided... I'm gonna do an Emperor's Champion suit so that prettymuch means helmet #2.  My buddy tells me that suit had better be baller... 

—Brigham Young

Offline ArcticFox

• Scout
  • :
  • Tech Adept Cestus 5
    • The Grey Council
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 10:48:45 PM »
Stilts halfway done

—Brigham Young

Offline ArcticFox

• Scout
  • :
  • Tech Adept Cestus 5
    • The Grey Council
Re: Black Templars Crusader (Emperor's Champion)
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 09:53:23 PM »
Checking the fit of the stilt on the foot sole template...

And adding a Templar cross to lock this in as Black Templar awesomeness...

—Brigham Young

Offline ArcticFox

• Scout
  • :
  • Tech Adept Cestus 5
    • The Grey Council
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 02:45:43 PM »
Built a paper mockup of one of the "shoes" to test the fit of the stilt in it.

My kids wanted to try on my two helmets.  I call this picture "Bobbleheads."

The white stuff on the helmet on the left is caulk from sealing the joints.
—Brigham Young

Offline ArcticFox

• Scout
  • :
  • Tech Adept Cestus 5
    • The Grey Council
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 07:02:59 PM »
So I put a coat of plasti-dip on the helmet.  I'm not at all happy with the way that turned out, so I'm going to keep working the surface.

Assembled the stilts and tried them out... Believe it or not, they hold me up okay.  I haven't glued the PVC together yet because I may need to make adjustments before I finalize them, but I went ahead and built the soles and foot plates, and attached them.

This is a stilt sitting on top of the sole of one of the feet.  The hinge is to allow the toe pieces to flex when I walk.

This is both stilts, showing the top and bottom.

Here's a closeup of the attachments of the foot plates to the frame.

Here are the assembled toe pieces.
—Brigham Young

Offline Rraijjar

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 03:22:55 AM »
What i do with the seams is sand them first with a 80grid till a 240 or something. Then i make everything smooth with some acrylic filler and then i use plasti dip ;) way cleaner results

Offline ArcticFox

• Scout
  • :
  • Tech Adept Cestus 5
    • The Grey Council
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 01:07:00 PM »
Yeah I was planning to shape the boots first before the caulk/plasti-dip this time to see if it worked better.  Thanks for the suggestion!  That makes me feel more confident.  This is my very first ever attempt at cosplay so I expect to screw up a lot as I learn. 

I'm hoping the helmet won't be too much of a disaster to fix up.  I'd hate to have to build yet another one.
—Brigham Young

Offline ArcticFox

• Scout
  • :
  • Tech Adept Cestus 5
    • The Grey Council
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 10:43:15 AM »
After putting the kids to bed, back to work on the power armor!

I finished the assembly of the foam for the feet.  Now I just have to complete all the mechanical stuff inside, like the hinge joint, spring, and make final adjustments to the PVC stilts.

I decided to stand on the stilts to test them and prove my son's structural engineering is on par.

No broken ankles yet!
—Brigham Young

Offline ArcticFox

• Scout
  • :
  • Tech Adept Cestus 5
    • The Grey Council
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 06:46:45 PM »
So I finished assembling the feet.  Here's a shot of the inside of the left boot.  The PVC caps are bolted down, the hinges installed and there's a spring on the hinge to limit the toe's travel downward when I walk.  There's also a metal brace on the sole to limit downward toe flex. 

I also added a band around the outside of the boots so I could move the "pivot" for the toe sections outward so it looks more correct.  Walked around a bit on the feet.  PVC holding fine.  This is going to take some getting used to.

—Brigham Young

Offline ArcticFox

• Scout
  • :
  • Tech Adept Cestus 5
    • The Grey Council
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 08:03:29 PM »
A little more progress.  None of the internals on the lower legs are done yet, but the outer shell is.

—Brigham Young

Offline Ragresen

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2015, 09:59:54 AM »
looking pretty good.
Ragresen

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  Black Templars Crusader (Emperor's Champion)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx