Well, progress is typically slow. But with the addition of a barrel and barrel shroud it's starting to look more like a weapon. I've used plastic waste-pipe and don't know if it's going to look good enough. Cutting the stuff is a pain in the arse as it tends to melt as much as cut, forming tough plastic crap around the edges. I'm gonna persevere and see if it cleans up.
I've also cut-off the top extension pieces of the side panels as I'm going to replace them with the same but angled in towards the centre top. Time to tidy the barrel, cut and fit the top parts and do the same with a mag. The mag will slot-in and be held by magnets I think.