gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
48970 Posts in 2520 Topics by 4471 Members - Latest Member: ppaaii July 18, 2018, 11:28:11 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Death Korps Commissar
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Death Korps Commissar  (Read 951 times)

Offline Visorak

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
Death Korps Commissar
« on: May 16, 2015, 08:27:01 AM »
So I decided to have a go at a Death Korps of Krieg Commissar, and decided to post some pictures of my progress here.

At the moment, I've really only got the mask and cap going, because I'm not sure how to make/acquire the coat or, well, everything yet.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I'm looking at this for inspiration:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The mask I used is an old GP-5 Soviet gas mask, along with an East German officer's cap, both acquired from Varusteleka, as is the NVA map case I'm planning to use as a substitute for the bag in the commissar picture. Planning on replacing the cap badge at some point, and I'm not sure what to do regarding the coat yet.

Also, by suggestion of a friend, planning on putting a wireless speaker in the bag to play some fitting music. Any suggestions for such?

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
Re: Death Korps Commissar
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 08:47:35 AM »
Very good start :) I suggest finding some flat gold braid or trim, or even some gold frog closures. That will really make the tunic pop.

Thanks for posting this picture, Can't wait to see more!

Offline Visorak

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 12:33:22 PM »
As funds are currently quite low, while I have found a fitting black woollen coat for 120 common currency units, I'm instead looking at ways to replace the cap badge with something more fitting until funds can be acquired.

Thought of ordering a sheet of these and soldering on some pins to put it in the cap, but I'm not sure how thick that is, and as such fear that trying to attach those would end up melting through the eagle itself. Anyone know the thickness of those and if that's a viable idea?

Also looking at tinting the lenses of the mask as well, and looking into acquiring some gold braid and such for making epaulettes for the coat already. Can't be a commissar without sufficient bling, after all. :P

(Also, since other sources (some portrait pictures of Lord Commissar Bernn) seem to corroborate my suspicion that the thing on the commissar's chest with all the gold braid is a chestplate, I'll probably be making one of those at some point as well. Running around without at least some armour is just inviting the heretics to shoot me while inspiring the troops, after all.)

Offline Visorak

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 10:00:06 AM »
In absence of much else progress, have a half-finished attempt at a sword:

The handle's temporary and I plan to either replace it or modify it, and I might just go take a angle grinder to it to make the edges straight.

Offline Ratnik

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
    • RUSSIAN ARMY UNIFORM
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »

russian army cosplay )

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Death Korps Commissar

gfxgfx
gfx gfx