gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49347 Posts in 2560 Topics by 5377 Members - Latest Member: Ferro Ignas December 14, 2019, 10:46:31 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  DragonCon 2015 Parade
gfx
gfxgfx

Poll

Will you be Marching in the DragonCon 2015 Parade with the Obscurus Crusade?

I am marching!
1 (33.3%)
WAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH! (nope, not marching... don't even know why I voted)
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: May 16, 2015, 04:37:47 PM

Author Topic: DragonCon 2015 Parade  (Read 1170 times)

Offline PhoenixRevival

• Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
DragonCon 2015 Parade
« on: May 08, 2015, 04:37:47 PM »
Greetings Battle-brothers & sisters; xenos, heretics... and those of you who've yet to make up your mind... It is THAT time of year again when I hit Facebook and the forums to announce that I need a head count for the DragonCon 2015 Parade!

This year the parade filled up faster than any previous year and the Parade Director JP has asked 1) if we have any spaces to sacrifice for the greater good (Tau are everywhere, I swear) and 2) if we have room for some wayward souls seeking asylum within the awesome that is our 40k costuming group.

SO, I need the following from you people ASAP: Whom will be attending and plan to march with us in the parade? If you're marching is it just you or do you have someone with you marching as well?

I am going to give it a week on both the forums and Facebook unless otherwise revised by our lovely admins. AFTER that week, I am considering those numbers locked in and anything remaining will go back to the DragonCon Parade pool. I've gotten pretty good at estimating the numbers but this year people are legion and any good will with the JP is worth its weight in gold.

Beware the x-acto blade, the glue burn, the paint fume.

Offline shsims

• Marine
  • :
Re: DragonCon 2015 Parade
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 03:53:30 PM »
I want go with my wife, where do we get tickets,, I will come wth my shadow guardian armor

Offline PhoenixRevival

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 05:49:55 AM »
You can purchase tickets here: http://store.dragoncon.org/

The parade is Sunday morning and you must have a con badge to march. Hope this helps! :)

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 08:51:52 AM »
SATURDAY.  The parade is SATURDAY morning.

Offline PhoenixRevival

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 09:16:49 AM »
What she said... I've been down with the flu while I've been doing all this, this week. 102 temp makes the brain a might bit squishy.

The parade is indeed Saturday morning.

Offline Lamia

• Fanatical pyromaniac power-armoured battle nun
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 10:31:31 AM »

Offline glig

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 04:23:45 PM »
Just got some info regarding the parade. Sharing it here and on the relevant FB event:

WHEN: SATURDAY, 9/5, 10AM. RAIN OR SHINE. There is no alternate time or date for the parade should the weather prove threatening enough (storms and/or heavy, steady downpours) to cancel.

WHERE: The route is just at 1 mile long with inclines along Peachtree St. and a downhill section on Andrew Young. DragonCon estimate it will take about 1 hour and 45 minutes for the last person marching to reach the Marriott Marquis end point for the parade.

IMPORTANT INFO FOR PARTICIPANTS: Parade staging begins at 8:00 AM at in the designated staging area. DragonCon requests that vehicles be at staging before 9:00 AM and marchers arrive between 9:00 and 9:30AM. Unless approved in advance by the Parade Director, if you are not in place at staging by 9:45AM, you should not expect to be in the parade.

Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  DragonCon 2015 Parade

gfxgfx
gfx gfx