gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48439 Posts in 2466 Topics by 3829 Members - Latest Member: Baulthral April 30, 2017, 06:57:51 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Mutants, Xenos, and Heretics  |  Chaos Knight (worbla)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chaos Knight (worbla)  (Read 5198 times)

Offline Drack

• Initiate
  • :
Chaos Knight (worbla)
« on: February 05, 2015, 06:39:38 PM »
Hey guys and gals. I just started a new build and thought this would be the best place to show what I've been up to. I am making the Tzeentch Knight in the pic but won't be sticking to Tzeentch colours or making the sword (duel axes instead). I will be doing some tutorials soon but as worbla is new to me I wanted to know I could use the stuff before showing others how. I was going to do the tutorials when making my pauldrons but running low on worbla so have done a pictures tutorial on some of the "belt" (coming soon once put together with text). I will do some video tutorials when I make the axes as I have enough worbla left to make them :)

Offline Durpington

• Initiate
  • :
  • Let it BURN!
Re: Chaos Knight (worbla)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 02:25:07 AM »
Really awesome. I'm about to start using Worbla for the first time, seems fun. Cant wait to see the final product. I'll definitely keep my eye on this one

Offline Scarcasm

• Marine
  • :
    • https://www.facebook.com/ScarsSecretzDen?ref=hl
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 03:12:42 PM »
Good to see you here Tom & great to see One of the other God's being represented.  Lovely work.

Offline PhoenixRevival

• Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 10:21:26 PM »
Someone finally doing some Fantasy work! Excellent!

The detail work you've put into that chest piece already has me adding this to my watch list.

Must echo that I'm glad to see someone else doing a follower of Tzeentch... Not that I'm partial or anything... ;)

Question: Are you going for the full lighted areas on the armor as well? ie are you going to light it? If it's not too much of a spoiler what color scheme were you planning on going with?

Beware the x-acto blade, the glue burn, the paint fume.

Offline Drack

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 05:44:27 AM »
Thank you guys :)

Pheonix I am afraid I am not sticking with Tzeentch. I am more of a Khorne man at heart but if I was writing a profile for him he wouldn't quite be Khorne either as the armour isn't typical Khorne style. I guess he would be a none specific champion that was making his way towards Khorne. As for lighting that's a must. I am planning on having runes inscribed on the inside of the collar that flicker lick candle light that hopefully in the dark will light the sides of the helmet. I will dropping the sword as not keen on it and making 2 axes with demons fighting on them and tortured souls on the handles which I start this week :)

Offline PhoenixRevival

• Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 04:59:49 PM »
Yey lighting!

Boo Khorne! lol

Just kidding. Looking forward to seeing this progress... even if it isn't for the glory of Tzeentch. ^_^

Beware the x-acto blade, the glue burn, the paint fume.

Offline Drack

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 11:43:47 AM »
Bit more done :)
Once the Tassets and a little detail on the shoulders are done I will start the pair of axes.

Offline Lupus Irae

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 05:49:34 AM »
This build makes me want to buy a whole lot of worbla!!! Such incredible detail. I get shocked sometimes seeing how well worbla can be sculpt... almost like clay... into whatever you want. Eagerly waiting for more pics!!
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Ernest Hemingway

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 11:13:17 AM »
Yes, I too want to see more of this build! it's amaz-balls !!

Offline Drack

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 11:13:55 AM »
Little bit more for you all. Sorry been away for a bit but me and the wife are nesting so the house is getting a revamp ready :)

Offline Lupus Irae

• Marine
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 03:22:07 AM »
The horns are looking great. Did you use foam or cardboard for the base you sprayed your spray foam on?
There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Ernest Hemingway

Offline Drack

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 06:08:53 AM »
I did start to make them from card but foam worked best cause I could heat and bend it to the desired curves.

Offline ViolentDream

• Marine
  • :
  • Grey Hunter
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 03:20:27 AM »
Awesome work on the worbla and the horns:-D
Facts are chains that bind perception and fetter truth. For a man can remake the world if he has a dream and no facts to cloud his mind.

Offline Drack

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 06:15:31 AM »
Hey guys and gals. I was going to wail till I have both pauldrons covered but couldn't wait. I will do a video when I do the dragon heads on the pads and the horns cause the bases for them are pretty standard techniques that many have done videos of on youtube.

Offline CLOTHAR

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 09:27:28 PM »
Beautiful work!  The level of detail is fantastic.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Mutants, Xenos, and Heretics  |  Chaos Knight (worbla)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx