gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48642 Posts in 2491 Topics by 4149 Members - Latest Member: BrotherHolger November 23, 2017, 07:59:33 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  Dark Heresy Rp Thread
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dark Heresy Rp Thread  (Read 17200 times)

Offline Reatrea

• Mostly Puritan Inquisitor
  • Company Champion
  • :
Dark Heresy Rp Thread
« on: August 27, 2010, 11:54:00 PM »
Rules are simple and as follows:

* Type in third person. * {He/She not I/Me} You are aware of you surroundings and can make guesses of what people are thinking and feeling but you do not actually know.

* Not god-moding. * This means you only control your characters. Actions and reactions of others is up for them to decide.
*This also means don't auto-hit someone.* {Bob shoots bill in the face.} Minions are ok to auto-hit, but use discretion. If you don't know. Don't do it.
*This also means that you are JUST HUMAN* You cant dodge everything. You can't take 50 hits and then go down. Be realistic.
*This also means your character can only know what he sees.* (You don't know Bob is sleeping with Jen unless you have caught them or they have told you.)

* You are welcome to come up with plot just let the GM's know* Players like suprises, but GM's don't. Just give us a heads up if you have a cool plot and chances are we'll say yes and let you go for it!

*GM's are exempt from these rules*  for we are essentially the Emperor of your world and we might need to break them occasionally to progress the plot. But for the most part we will appear as players.

*All out of character should be in parenthesis* ((I'm hungry blah blah blah))

*All thoughts should be italics* 'I'm thinking ok!'

*All spoken should be in Quotations!* "HERESY! BURN!"

*I might add more rules* but I prolly won't unless I forgot something huge.

WARNING: On occasion we might push into the weirder side of things. Please don't say stuff like: That's not very 40k! You will make us cry! We prolly won't go too off the beaten path with you guys. But either way, there will be fun!

OOC Thread (For questions and comments on the game): http://z6.invisionfree.com/Obscurus_Crusad...p?showtopic=256 (Ps. I lost the game)

Character Reference thread: http://z6.invisionfree.com/Obscurus_Crusad...p?showtopic=261 (Post new characters here!)  

====================
To begin:

Offline Reatrea

• Company Champion
  • :
Dark Heresy Rp Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 12:50:00 AM »
(I apologize for the poor writing on my part. I was working on a short story for class and am a bit burnt out tonight.)

Viktoria sat in an armed chair with her gloved hands steepled deep in thought. The room she was in was probably some underling's office before the Inquisition informed the cargo ship that they would be riding with them on their next voyage. But this was not what was on the Interrogator's mind.

She was calmly running through the events that lead her to this point. Putting the pieces together. Occasionally her mind would wander to an unwanted thought but with a curse and a prayer she could get back on track.

Sister Viktoria had a handful of acolytes summoned to the ship. The message contained no indication of why they were summoned or who would be with them. They had only been on the ship for a couple of hours now. The journey was now steady enough to move about after a bumpy start.  

With a smirk she noted that she did not inform the acolytes that she would be joining them on this mission. It was going to be amusing to see their reaction. She could only imagine how her expression looked whenever she learned she was going on a mission with the Inquisitor.

Ridiculous I can image. Well lets see who is out and about. Eventually I will let them know why we are here.

With that she rose from her chair and moved out of the room. For the time being she was not in her power armor, but rather her cape and decorated carapace. She stepped out of the room into the dark corridor. Outside of the ship, one could almost hear the warp pounding on the hull.

Viktoria was barely able to keep from shuddering at a particular memory.

Offline Stormchaser

• Honor Guard
  • :
Dark Heresy Rp Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 01:06:00 AM »
Benjamin Rosewood walked down the narrow corridor, his black leather cavalry boots snapping loudly as he marched. His curved sabre hung at his hip and one of his many pistols was in a revered holster on the other. Tucked into his belt were his dueling gloves and around his neck hung around the symbol of the Inqisition.

Rosewood was unsure about the pendant. He knew the symbol gave him a measure of power. He observed it as he walked about the ship, crew scatted to get out of his way. Even so, the weight of it felt almost like prison chains.

He mut not have been paying attention, as he was jerked back into reality when he bumped into someone. He stumbled and straightened and turned to apologise

Offline Reatrea

• Company Champion
  • :
Dark Heresy Rp Thread
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 01:22:00 AM »
Quote from: Reatrea date=1282971000
Sister Viktoria had a handful of acolytes summoned to the ship. The message contained no indication of why they were summoned or who would be with them. They had only been on the ship for a couple of hours now. The journey was now steady enough to move about after a bumpy start.

Offline Stormchaser

• Honor Guard
  • :
Dark Heresy Rp Thread
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 01:28:00 AM »
((Edited.My bad  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/unsure.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='unsure.gif' /> ))

Offline Reatrea

• Company Champion
  • :
Dark Heresy Rp Thread
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 01:35:00 AM »
((  [img]http://i6.ifrm.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='tongue.gif' />  No biggie!! And ouch that had to hurt.))

The man found himself looking at not only a golden Inquisition "I", but Thrask's signature rosette. Only two people wore this specific trinket, the Inquisitor himself and his Interrogator.

Viktoria almost lost her balance as the acolyte ran dead into her, but she caught her balance on wall and raised an eyebrow. "Rosewood. Need I remind you that the proper greeting to your superior is an aquilla or a salute?" she couldn't help but smirk the slightest bit.

Offline Stormchaser

• Honor Guard
  • :
Dark Heresy Rp Thread
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 01:45:00 AM »
Rosewood instantly snapped his heels together and brought up a sharp salute. The salute was that of the Knight Legions from home, with the palm facing away.

"Ma'am," he stuttered, "I didn't realise you were on board. My apology's Ma'am. I mean no disrespect." Rosewood hated being caught of guard like this. It made him look like a fool. And in front of Thrask's Interrogator as well! Damn it! He felt his underarms start to sting with nervous sweat, but he had been brought up in the military, and so did not let his nervousness or his embarrassment show through the veneer of a disciplined soldier.

Offline Reatrea

• Company Champion
  • :
Dark Heresy Rp Thread
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 01:51:00 AM »
The apprentice inquisitor cracked her neck a couple of times before responding. "Very well, at ease." With a calm breath through her nose she looked him over. "Why are you so distracted today?"

Offline Stormchaser

• Honor Guard
  • :
Dark Heresy Rp Thread
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 01:57:00 AM »
Rosewood's solider mind took over. He stood with his feet shoulder width apart and his hands clasped in the small of his back.
"I've never liked travelling in the Warp Ma'am. I understand that it is necessary but it's never felt quite right with me."

His eyes were staring straight ahead, but still sharp. Almost like a predator awaiting it's prey.

Offline Reatrea

• Company Champion
  • :
Dark Heresy Rp Thread
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 02:10:00 AM »
The sister chuckled. "Me neither, actually. But as you said it is necessary. The imaterium is a twisted and bastardized version of our own glorious reality...." Her eyes danced along the inner hull of the ship. "I don't like the thought that nothing but some sort of energy shield is the only thing keeping it's horrors at bay."

"Ave Imperator." she muttered.

Offline Stormchaser

• Honor Guard
  • :
Dark Heresy Rp Thread
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 02:13:00 AM »
"Ave Imperator," Rosewood replied quietly, bowing his head slightly and making the sign of the Aquila on his chest. When he lifted his head he dared to glance at her face. "You speak as though you've had a bad past experience, Ma'am."

Offline Reatrea

• Company Champion
  • :
Dark Heresy Rp Thread
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 02:29:00 AM »
One again she let out a brief chuckle, but this one was definitely rueful to a point. "Welcome to the Inquisition, Rosewood. You serve within the very left hand of the Emperor Himself. But there are always prices to be paid for the privilege."

She said nothing more of the matter, but rather turned and looked him straight in the eye, and perhaps his soul. "Have you come across any of your fellow acolytes yet?"

Offline Heretic Zed

• Marine
  • :
Dark Heresy Rp Thread
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 02:33:00 AM »
Arcus liked traveling.  The vibrating deck, the sound of the ship's systems, even the immensity of the Warp around them, these were familiar to him.  When most other unfamiliar travelers were waiting for the ship to become relatively stable, he had already used his position as a member of the Adeptus Machanicus to observe the goings on in the ships engineering sections and now stood with his arms folded at the aft of the bridge, observing but not wanting to disrupt the command crew.

The crew was disciplined, each member doing their part.  Like a machine, but like any ship that travels the Warp, the crew had something lurking just under the surface.  An attitude, part brazen defiance, part madness.  Each crew member found their own way to deal with the Warp, that or they went completely mad, yet the shared experiences, the life on board a ship marked each of them in an undefinable, yet recognizable way.  Despite his years in the Machanicus, Arcus hadn't lost that mark, Even in his tattered robes and the body Armour he wore under them, every crew member he encountered recognized him as one of them.

Smiling, he turned and walked out of the bridge, his heavy boots thumping loudly on the deck.

He walked down a corridor with no particular destination in mind.  He noticed two individuals conversing and as he approached overheated part of the conversation.

Offline Stormchaser

• Honor Guard
  • :
Dark Heresy Rp Thread
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 02:38:00 AM »
Rosewood looked at the newcomer and noticed the Inquisitorial seal. "I believe there's one now, Ma'am,"

Offline Reatrea

• Company Champion
  • :
Dark Heresy Rp Thread
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 02:55:00 AM »
Viktoria looked up as the tech-priest approached. Castus was correct when he informed her that the newest tech-priest was a bit from the norm when it came to their order. Viktoria didn't actually care all that much. "That would be a safe assumption." she informed the priest. "I am Sister Viktoria, Inquisitor Thrask's Interrogator. You may address me as Interrogator or Ma'm on a regular basis and Sister in more casual atmospheres such as now."

She glanced between the two. "For the moment I will continue withholding the reason why we are hear. We've got a long ride and the briefing will come later. You either of you have any questions at the moment?"

Obscurus Crusade  |  General Chat  |  General Discussion  |  Dark Heresy Rp Thread

gfxgfx
gfx gfx