gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48496 Posts in 2474 Topics by 3888 Members - Latest Member: Jay_Cashman May 27, 2017, 07:12:28 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  General Costuming  |  Does everyone go 1:1 scale?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Does everyone go 1:1 scale?  (Read 1603 times)

Offline MLanteigne

• Initiate
  • :
  • FNG
Does everyone go 1:1 scale?
« on: January 19, 2015, 06:50:38 PM »
Just wondering if people always make the power armour to the actual size, or if some people scale it down to fit their own body?
<Insert Signature Here>

Offline Abaddon Ah Cimith

• Marine
  • :
  • Abaddon´s doppelgänger - More evil than real one..
Re: Does everyone go 1:1 scale?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 07:07:52 PM »
Somebody scale their power armor to their body size, one that I have in now in mid is Anubis in this forum

But others like, Durgpington (Lord Kranon), Phoenix Revival (Tzeenchian Lord), Mortarion (Black Legion Chosen), those are made like marine size... you can see their work in their own threads...

I think this you will help a lot...

Offline anubis

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 01:22:35 AM »
It is flattering that you think my armour is adapted to the human size, that proves I succeeded the modifications and correctly adjusting the proportions for the real size; but I it is real size. I just revised the shoulders and as well as the manner of carrying it, to avoid a "short arms" impression

But I know many peoples scale it down.

I think on the web you can found pepakura files of the power armour at human size

(edit at 07:00 AM)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:07:03 AM by anubis »

Offline MLanteigne

• Initiate
  • :
  • FNG
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 07:58:21 PM »
Awesome. So I guess it's all a matter of preference then.
<Insert Signature Here>

Offline Daeouse

• "And what have we learned?"
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • "And what have we learned?"
    • http://daeouse.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 11:42:15 AM »
Most people go full size based on the Space Marine game scaling. There are a few members who opt for a smaller scale for personal preferences, but overall, most go with full scale. I know my build is full-size. . .

Offline PhoenixRevival

• Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 12:43:15 PM »
I'll echo that most build full scale but certainly not all. 1:1 is (IMO) a harder build and isn't something everyone can do for various reasons. My chaos termie armor shouldn't have even existed considering it filled my entire back portion of my SUV. Still, the challenge and the hope of making something awesome made it come to be.

Beware the x-acto blade, the glue burn, the paint fume.

Offline MLanteigne

• Initiate
  • :
  • FNG
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 12:43:33 PM »
That was my other concern...portability...I have a 2005 honda civic. I am not sure how a "real" scale Space Marine is going to fit lol.
<Insert Signature Here>

Offline elyisantrooper

• Company Champion
  • :
  • I´m the one with the artillery
    • http://www.inquisitionstrupp23.de/
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 02:21:31 PM »
I´m not in SM armours, in making the heavy things I´m out of the 1:1 scale...the hydra is around half scale, many practical reasons for that. The new tarantula sentry gun project , around half scale too. Handling, transportation, weight, storage at home....all reasons are facts against full size.
I started a own youtube channel, not very professional , but showing short clips with warhammer40k related project progress infos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIntElq341MTEhHEVAlkTXg

Offline MLanteigne

• Initiate
  • :
  • FNG
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 03:18:21 PM »
I figured the person sized scale would also be more comfortable and maintain the use of your hands.
<Insert Signature Here>

Offline PhoenixRevival

• Obscurus Convention Staff
  • Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 01:58:52 PM »
Entirely depends on how you do the build for your hands. For my armor i had a lightning claw and a kai gun which easily took up both hand but the kai gun was easy to drop if i needed a free hand. Human scale, you're almost guaranteed to have both hands available, provided you don't do a power fist or something hand/arm consuming.

Beware the x-acto blade, the glue burn, the paint fume.

Offline Haggard13

• Marine
  • :
  • Getting there one foam tile at a time!
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 05:27:38 AM »
I'm running 850 scale to compensate for my lack of height  ;D i have generally good mobility and with a few mods I stand at 6'10"-11" tall, the only thing I can't do is reach around the torso to bring my hands together but hey bolt pistol and chainsword combo FTW
Drive me closer, I wish to hit them with my sword......
My Mk7 Build - http://obscuruscrusade.com/forum/index.php?topic=1912.0
My Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/HaggardsPropsandCosplay

Offline rero_design

• Marine
  • :
  • Deathco.
    • Deathco Build
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 06:57:26 AM »
I think the most goes with 935 scale from the Spacemarine game. It's not full scale. Im in my costume now 2.20-2.25m tall its mostly a small Spacemarine. If you add the lost 6.5% you are at 2.30-2.40m tall.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 08:54:34 AM by rero_design »

Offline FatherDamien

• Initiate
  • :
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 06:31:34 PM »
I went with human scale because I am only 5' 9" tall and weigh 140 lbs. I have also never been to a convention or cosplay event in my life so I wanted to be able to move freely.

I can also suit up by myself. And I've never tried walking on stilts. So, I figured for a first go I'd try small scale. If I like it and enjoy the Convention in this I may opt for a full scale build one day.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  General Costuming  |  Does everyone go 1:1 scale?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx