gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
48977 Posts in 2521 Topics by 4512 Members - Latest Member: 4SakenWelder August 14, 2018, 07:55:07 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Building Lasguns from Nerfguns (WIP)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Building Lasguns from Nerfguns (WIP)  (Read 973 times)

Offline ElliotSchmunzelmonster

• Initiate
  • :
Building Lasguns from Nerfguns (WIP)
« on: January 02, 2015, 03:52:23 PM »
After (too many) months of just reading about all the interesting projects and buying (far to much) tools and material I finally had time to start with some of my projects during the holidays.

I started to convert two Nerf-Guns (a Stryfe and a Rayven) to a Mark IV Lasgun and a Accatran Pattern Lasgun.

First I stripped all the electric stuff from the guns and replaced the wiring, motors and the batteries:

The Nerf Stryfe during the modding

The Nerf Stryfe after finished modding (all security switched were removed)

The Nerf Rayven before removing switches and wires

After tuning the performance of both blasters I started with building new (and longer) barrels from PVC Pipes, I reused as many parts as possible to get a good fitting and straight new barrel.

The Rayven with the first pipe of the new barrel

The new barrels are made of 3 pipes to create a nice looking front

Barrel after first painting

I have to wait for new pipes before building the characteristic piece at the head of the barrels.

The Nerf Guns are not symmetrical but much thicker on the right side (motors and batteries), therefore I had to saw away a lot of plastic before I could start with building the new body.

At the moment I am in the middle of building the body for the Stryfe (Mark IV Lasgun), I had to made some changes to the pepakura files because of the proportions of the Nerf Stryfe.

Offline Capt.

• Just an old Imperial Royalist English Gentleman
  • Company Champion
  • :
Re: Building Lasguns from Nerfguns (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 11:04:43 PM »
That's a really good idea! I have 2 Stryfe guns at home.... I'm watching carefully!

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Building Lasguns from Nerfguns (WIP)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx