gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!

gfx gfx
gfx
48439 Posts in 2466 Topics by 3827 Members - Latest Member: apathy April 26, 2017, 09:23:11 PM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  The golden armor of the Emperor
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The golden armor of the Emperor  (Read 15001 times)

Offline anubis

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
The golden armor of the Emperor
« on: November 04, 2014, 04:56:17 PM »
"Before the heresy of Horus, the Emperor was called Anubis?"

Sorry for the faults of language, my English is far from being perfect.

Hello everybody. I followed advice of Alix Alberti (that I greet and thanks) who has  suggered me to come to present my current cosplay on this forum.

Faithful to my habit, I made the cosplay only one who is unclassifiable. But because it is an energetic armor, I think that its place is here:

The real size God Emperor armor

Current progress
[/url]

(complete size of the soil in the collar: about 1m65 in seated position)

As it is not real official illustrations of this armor, I allowed myself some liberties

Approximately 550 hours of work since April. It is realized foam EVA to whom I applied a coat of gelcoat epsilon which I sanded. I caught up the defects by one successions of stages of passage in the putty and sanding. What explains its white color.
The decorations (in red and blue) are made with the foam of sporting mat, solidified and smoothed in the same way
The right shoulder strap, in the shape of skull, is made by papercraft technique, and solidified by fiberglass.

Some detail of legs
[url=http://www.servimg.com/view/18314716/684]

Details of the motives in the shape of bramble of thighs (made for the pistol with hot glue)

the legs

The plastron, the pelvis (I'm not sure of the english word for this piece) and the belt buckle in progress

the plastron after about 15/20 hours of work: Ribband as a mirror

the left shoulder. I found that it was begin to have too many eagles shape decorations  on my armor there, I wanted to put another motive between wings. I finally decided for a feminine bust

I molded the character on a little statue which I had at home. I beheaded it to reorientate the head, I redid the neck, the breast and I sculptured hair

The skull/right shoulder

And the last photo : the advance of the arms. I completely revised them at the level of biceps to integrate them into shoulder straps, and I spent the usual coat of epsilon more a first coat of putty of finish

Of course, the left arm will be modified for receive a lighting claws aspect.

more photos and explications here => http://www.papercraft-passion.com/t4837-cosplay-l-armure-de-l-empereur-dieu-de-l-humanite-mille-fois-benit-soit-il
but it's in french

Oh, except this, I need your help:
a Russian friend like to know if there is an alternative resin to the epsilon. She can't get this mark
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:49:27 AM by anubis »

Offline Finnlock

• Sororatis Fan Boy
  • Administrator
  • Company Champion
  • :
Re: Before the heresy of Horus, the Emperor was called Anubis
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 09:27:58 PM »
Wow, that's stunning. I love the left shoulder!
I can't wait to see more of your work, really amazing stuff!

Offline Rraijjar

• Company Champion
  • :
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 02:49:32 AM »
I thought it was a unpainted miniature first :o soooooooooo many details! 8)

Offline budaboy

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 03:39:21 AM »
starts  looking good!!!
keep up the good work!

Offline doomfist

• Tech Priest of the Cheapus Mechanicus
  • Honor Guard
  • :
    • deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 01:20:52 PM »
This looks awesome! Can not wait to see the finished product. 

Suffer not the glue gun to burn

Offline anubis

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 01:38:10 PM »
thanks everybody for your comments.

This is the definitive natural position of arm

Shoulder pads are carried higher than for a model astartes. First to reinforce the impression of colossal size and of power of the armour, then to avoid habitual worries of space marines real size armours: the too short arms impression.

@ Finnlock : the shoulder pad was made according to the file of Henrik Pilerud. It is composed of 2 layers of resin with a structure put wire netting between two. The decorations are in fine coat on a plate of reconstructed wood (at the end and leger) And I had many difficulty making a look younger the face of the character

http://www.servimg.com/view/18314716/640
http://www.servimg.com/view/18314716/786
http://www.servimg.com/view/18314716/788

@ Rraijjar : Thanks, but I confirm; it is not a miniature

http://www.servimg.com/view/18314716/728

Decorations which there is over are only the most imposing, those that it is judicious to make in ship's apprentice. Of course there will be the smallest.
The next stage will be to sand her and to slick it entirely. Look battle dammage is suitable for the marine spaces but for the armour of the Emperor. Therefore no defect on the surface is needed.
Then I will make the wrong customs gemstones, then the installation of leds and games of light.

Offline mruntidy

• Initiate
  • :
Re: The artificer golden armor of the Emperor
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 09:58:09 AM »
I would happily stand next to this in my Custodian build

Might need a box to stand on though...

Offline Abaddon Ah Cimith

• Marine
  • :
  • Abaddon´s doppelgänger - More evil than real one..
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 11:58:49 AM »
Really amazing build...

It looks like that is an lifesize, power armor...

Man I can´t wait to see this finished, an attempt of corpse Emperor power armor!

Offline foxmchound

• Initiate
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 06:56:16 PM »
WOW!

Can't wait to see this all finished.

Offline prev

• Death Company Marine
  • Company Champion
  • :
  • Fighting the Black Rage
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 11:41:26 PM »
I'm loving the attention to detail, can't wait to see it in it's finished golden glory!!!!!!!!
Treat us with honour, Brothers. Not because we will bring you victory this day, but because our fate will one day be yours...

Offline jim_rush51

• Marine
  • :
  • Chaplain of Sanguinious
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 08:21:49 AM »
holy shitsnacks....this is amazing....
Bring me the tainted Sons of Sanguinious and I shall lead them to a glorious victory and a warriors death.

Offline anubis

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 05:41:04 PM »
thank you everybody

after the whole long weekend of 4 days to be cut up, to stick and to sand (especially to sand) I could begin arms.

here the left wrist, which will receive the energy clawsl

(the quoting with the cup-shaped cut, it is the crease of the elbow, and the visible holes are the sites of articulation)

and I finally began the creation of the last room of this armour: the eagle who overhangs the head.
I did not want an imperial eagle of a napoleonic style, as one there vout often in the illustrations of this armour. On one hand because I find this seedy, then because I have it one can credit of motives with scales has a great time.

Having made some trials and sketch, I decided on a model of a futuristic design, which I cut up and sculpted in the foam.
It is still missing that the ventral part, which is not begun. (as she is opened, if I glue her together now I will have no more access to some zones

and here with the missing element, to give me an idea of the final return

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 10:32:49 AM by anubis »

Offline KnoxyMcKnox

• Scout
  • :
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 07:28:41 PM »
This is absolutely gorgeous work mate! Will be watching this thread with great interest! :D
"Monitor. Everything."
My Crimson Fist Space Marine build: http://obscuruscrusade.com/forum/index.php?topic=1931.0
My Facebook cosplay page: https://www.facebook.com/DasHHat
My deviantArt: http://knoxymcknox.deviantart.com/

Offline anubis

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 05:27:22 PM »
here is the evolution of the eagle.

I put 2 pieces together provisionally to be able to be properly sulking.
the brown scotch tape on the photo is in reality a piece of teflon. As they again discovered nothing that is capable of remaining glued together on the Teflon, this material is very practical for this working type, because the separation of 2 halves is gently made.

For legs, I fabricated a shell in iron thread. I fixed her definitely with a drop of resin to the site of fixings, then I sculpted legs by top with fimo paste (a play dough which hardens when it is baked)

here are 2 provisionally put together elements.

I will glue them together definitely enseemble later. It will be much easier to paint inside before putting 2 pieces together.
But before this, there remains another big job of sanding, especially on thighs and where I repaired a wing which had begun tearing.

next step: to end all this, am possible begin its support: the room which will make junction between the eagle and the backpack

Offline anubis

• Scout
  • :
  • Neophyte
Re: The golden armor of the Emperor
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 10:43:04 AM »
I fabricated a support for the eagle.
The back pack, with vents, is fixed to the breast-plate, the element which overhangs it and motive.

(the whole still has classes of finishing, of or the aspect rough draught and not handrail)

Here the elements which have already received an undercoat.
I began by painting everything in green, because the green is the colour which emphasises the best the golden color.

here, the first layer of gold chromium

I glued the whole together and fact of trials of bet puts there there. Several disappointment:
besides horizontality to be corrected - and there I confess not to know how to make - I quickly realised that gold chromed as that one is very fragile. I paid carefull by manipulating the element, however it already carries traces of scratches. Of course, having made several trials, I have no single paint spray who's compatible with one of varnishes I have at home. (and the varnish would have made lose the chromium-plated aspect)
I hope to find a less fragile painting in next days
And of course, to glue the room together in good position is a true Calvary because she must support her own weight. The néoprène glue had no effectiveness that I had hoped. I therefore cast some resin between legs and plinth. There ca should hold.

there remains the head of the eagle to work, and to iron an uniform layer of chromium-plated painting (as well as make fixings)
the photo distorts result, in reality the eagle is more imposing

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Space Marines  |  The golden armor of the Emperor

gfxgfx
gfx gfx