gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49050 Posts in 2530 Topics by 4632 Members - Latest Member: SaraBahr October 20, 2018, 01:08:39 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Death Korps Infantry Watchmaster Build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Death Korps Infantry Watchmaster Build  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Agustus G.

• Scout
  • :
  • 153 Cadian Regiment Desert Devils
Death Korps Infantry Watchmaster Build
« on: October 26, 2014, 12:47:52 PM »
 Well I've started working on my Death Korps Infantry Watchmaster kit!

I started out with a Russian M40 helmet. I know it's not the traditional style of helmet but I lprefer the Russian one to the German one. I'm going on the concept of it being an older model helmet passed down through the family.

Still need to add the Aquilla to the front. Likely in gold to make it stand out a bit.

I've ordered a Russian gas mask (it seems to be of a similar design to the concept art) and after it arrives I can post pics of it.
I have a very good Russian Naval Greatcoat which is black wool and double breasted with gold buttons. (Pics coming soon) and a black Underarmor hood for the face and neck coverage. A great pair of black leather gloves with a bulky appearance that should work nicely.

For boots I have a pair of repro WWII US Paratrooper Boots that are spot on for color! Need to make the leg wraps for them but that's not a big job.
I'm looking into the belting and harness for the backpack, rebreather, ammo pouches and accessories. Grenades are also in production.

I'm planning on carrying a Lucias pattern shotgun like what is carried by the DKOK Engineers. Got a good friend who's going to help me out with that one.  ;D
I'll update and add more pics as construction progresses!

Offline Agustus G.

• Scout
  • :
Re: Death Korps Infantry Watchmaster Build
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 01:00:06 PM »
Here's the base coat. Shoulderboards are removed on mine.

The gas mask base:

And a similar pair of WWII US Paratrooper boots to mine:

Offline Agustus G.

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 01:24:34 PM »
Added an Aquilla today:

Believe it or not I had to use JB Weld to attach the front visor plate to the helmet. A simple foam plate resisted EVERY other adhesive I applied. The plate would simply lift up on one edge or the other and would not attach to the helmet evenly. It seems like madness to use a two part epoxy for such a light weight material but that's what it took. I'm still eyeing the work dubiously. Waiting to see if the weld holds.

Offline Agustus G.

• Scout
  • :
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 03:29:36 PM »
Armor, mask and weapon updates:

Knocked out some Grenadier style chest armor!

Then the segmented shoulder plates. Fully articulated:

My gas mask without hose attached. I'm working on the tank/filter next:

I'm 98% done with my Mk.22c Combat Shotgun variant! Still need trigger housing, triggerr and stock pad:

Paint can for size reference:

I know that the size is off but I wanted it to have bulk and actually look like it could take an Ork or other enemy down in a typically Imperium fashion. Large bore and brutal.

That's it for now. After this build I think I'm going to put an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor and maybe a Cadian Infantry Captain.

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Death Korps Infantry Watchmaster Build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx