gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Welcome to the Obscurus Crusade!
To use the Pepakura File Library you must be logged in.

gfx gfx
gfx
49071 Posts in 2533 Topics by 4698 Members - Latest Member: CafeLaShweShwe November 20, 2018, 07:14:35 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Death Korps "Legacy" Helmet Opinion?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Death Korps "Legacy" Helmet Opinion?  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Agustus G.

• Scout
  • :
  • 153 Cadian Regiment Desert Devils
Death Korps "Legacy" Helmet Opinion?
« on: October 22, 2014, 07:16:37 PM »
So after looking at several builds and reading the Wiki I have started on a Death Korps Guardsman build.

I procured a very nice black Russian Navy greatcoat. It is double breasted and is new old stock. Never issued Russian surplus! The only downside is that the existing buttons have anchors worked into the metal as it was a Navy coat. Still this can be easily remedied by adding new buttons.

I'm currently in possession of two different styles of helmet. I am not a fan of the German helmet. The design and fit are somewhat off when on my head and I think it made me look ridiculous. I know that there are "variants" of the Mark IX helmet (according to the Wiki and Lexi info) older models that are handed down in families as legacy or heirloom helms. I have a Russian M40 helmet and a WWII British Dobie style helmet. (Patterned after a WWI helmet) I'm stuck trying to decide which would look better for the role.

Here's pics of the M40:

Here's the WWII British one:
URL=http://s1000.photobucket.com/user/Davegriffin/media/Black%20Templar%20Build/57FA3218-3F48-4F61-B190-00022E14C01A_zpsfpveuy05.jpg.html][/URL]

I've attached real steel Kaiser style spikes to both. They fit well and for those who may wonder..yes..those are Browncoat colors.  ::)

One will be painted black (flat?) when I can come to a conclusion on which to use as my heirloom. I'll also add the Aquilla as well.

So which do you prefer? Which looks more inline with the Universe and could be more readily explainable as an older model helmet?

Offline Agustus G.

• Scout
  • :
  • 153 Cadian Regiment Desert Devils
Re: Death Korps "Legacy" Helmet Opinion?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 07:40:59 PM »
My inspiration for the British helmet came from this style of Crusade Era miniature head. Note the rounded look with the slight brim coming into the visor section and of course the spike. I've seen quite a few Crusade Era Mark III mini heads like this.

Offline Inquisitor Horvath

• Scout
  • :
  • Mutated, heretical, xenos hunter
Re: Death Korps "Legacy" Helmet Opinion?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 01:20:48 PM »
The German one would be better. The Death corps of Krieg were based off of Germany during ww2

Obscurus Crusade  |  Costuming  |  Imperial Guard & Imperium  |  Death Korps "Legacy" Helmet Opinion?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx